Nissan (and others) air bag recall

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Patrol and Navara aren't on the list. List on the 2nd link gives 2001–2003 Maxima; 2001–2004 Pathfinder; 2002–2006 Nissan Sentra

dirvine

Yes and when the Wagon was released it had more ANCAP stars than the Toyota vehicle that was released at the same time. Toyota was not impressed! In fact mine has two passenger airbags. (One sits on the seat):eek:

oldlux

Yes and when the Wagon was released it had more ANCAP stars than the Toyota vehicle that was released at the same time. Toyota was not impressed! In fact mine has two passenger airbags. (One sits on the seat):eek:
That's not an ejection seat and it has been some how lost in the translation by any chance is it?

patrolgu4

Try this news link:
Nissan Y61 Patrol 1997 to 2010
http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...spect-cars-added/story-fnkgdhrc-1227381876863

Still have not heard a squeak from Nissan yet. I did check with Nissan dealer this morning/yesterday and they have not heard anything either.

Is it a case Nissan are just hiving and hope nothing will happen??
Nope, its not really a "Nuissaince's" call as much as I'd like to bag them, in this case its Takata Corp call, I'm guessing with over 80 million airbags to replace and Australia being "Arse end of the world" it will be a while.....perhaps they hope we give up .....
I did entertain an idea of removing/disabling them in my car, its easy.

Regards

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Checked out my Toyota Troopy 1991 and can't seem to find an air bag in the bloody thing. So what I have done is inflated my twin bed air mattress. However my missus reckons she feels uncomfortable having it sitting between her and the dash board. I told her to just tie it down a little so she can see over the top.:D.
Ah! Thank God my five kids survived lying down and sleeping in the back of me old wagon on the way home after a night out back in the seventies.:eek: Maybe I should have had an air mattress then???????