New YouTube channel

Triton14

I love technology & great insight into digital photography.

Not taking anything away from this clip but how do you think you would go doing the same with 35mm film??

Life is easy now when you can just snap off an image & see it instantly opposed to wait & see.

Then you get to crop/enhance/change colour etc at the touch of a keyboard.

Toddyh

Life is easy now when you can just snap off an image & see it instantly opposed to wait & see.

I do a little more than that but thanks for the comment.

Last edited:

Choook

Nice well done, you finally mentioned your focal length was begining to wonder what it was. Hope to get together one day and compare notes. Had a look at your webpage, some very good work. I like the quote on your home page "an art of observation" so many times when I was driving trucks I would be screaming to myself "LOOK AT THE LIGHT" and there would be no where or way to stop, even to use my phone camera. I rarely carried my DSLR in the truck.
I like your waterfalls, moving water is one chanllenge I enjoy and photographing the milky way in a scene is on my to do list, you've done it well. You can check out some of my work at the link in my sig if you're interested.

It's not quite that simple. There are a lot of techniques that have transfered from film to digital just the execution has changed not the judgement on their effective use. I've seen some horrendously over processed images but it is always better to start with an image that needs little refinement.

Petunia

Nice photography. .

35mm days were the days when you could calculate long exposures in your head waste deep in water in a crevasse that got sun for only 10 minutes at midday. You knew apertures shutter speeds composition 'the golden hour' light .... all carry over to digital, it was a great time to learn from your mistakes and really cement the techniques in your pea brain.:cool:

Choook

Thanks Ray. Any time you want to head out with the cameras just let me know.
As you're down there and I'm up here that maybe a little difficult. But if you are ever up this way give me a shout, and I'll look you up if I'm down that way.

MrPoopypants

I've started a YouTube channel that will be dedicated to touring and photography. First episode here for anyone interested.
Good luck with it all ToddyH! I love that area of the Murrumbidgee and I love photography. Great stuff, I'll keep an eye out for your stuff. Personally, I think digital has just added dramatically to the skills required for good pics. Technical art. Still need the eye. I'd love to have the eye, but will have to be satisfied with appreciating the work of others. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your travels.
Cheers
PP

Aza013

If you print and frame some of your pics you could sell for a good price :D
And agree with all above keep them coming, great work.