Change background image

New Victorian speeding penalties

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Bomber2012, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

For those of you who don't know as of 1st November in Victoria the following rules apply .
    25kms over the speed limit , 3 months loss of licence.
    35kms over , 6 months
    45kms over , 12 months.
    These penalties are on the spot , so keep an eye on your speed and slow down .

2. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

What about demerit points?
    Are there any jail penalties and if so how much time for good behavior?

3. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

I am sooo happy to be an old bloke who just plods around, when I was young I didn't even consider I was going fast until I was double the limit and the advisory cornering limits would also be half the speed it was possible to get the car through the corner.
    I pity any motor bike rider these days, out in the country roll on through 2 gears and your walking for a year

slivertoy, Spooner, MikedOut and 5 others like this.
  4. red hilux

red hilux Well-Known Member

you can keep that there.

I hope in Wait Awhile, we wait a long while

Aaron Schubert likes this.
  5. Bomber2012

Hahaha , i did the same if it said 60 was easily done at 100+ :eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Someone has to fund the andrews spending program. 2018-11-02 21.11.08.png

peterfermtech, abw, Spooner and 3 others like this.
  7. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

On my old triumph sprint, I'd be walking for a year and not have got out of first gear!!

Bomber2012 likes this.
  8. Barra GU

Barra GU Well-Known Member

Shared
    Thank you!

Bomber2012 likes this.
  9. Andrew_LN65

Andrew_LN65 Active Member

I can be walking for 3 months without getting out of 2nd gear.... but that's in a dirty old 1985 hilux 4x4 :)

Btw, it's been loss of licence at 25 over for many years now. You only lost it for a month though. They bought it in maybe 10 years ago.

Bomber2012 likes this.
  10. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

In Queensland, more than 40 over is $1218, 8 points and 6 months suspension.
    Tink

11. peterfermtech

peterfermtech Well-Known Member

So we have a car pulls over on the side of the Hume with his lights flashing and another one 200 metres up the road writing on the spot 12 month licence cancellations. I'm about to head east down the Princess highway. There is that much roadworks going on with speed limits changing every few kilometers it's hard to keep track. A perfect opportunity for an enterprising TOG officer.
    regards

Bomber2012 likes this.
  12. Bomber2012

I did a trip up to the Omeo area last week end , the speed limits around Sale are absolutely ridiculous , 110 to 100 to 80 to 60 to 40 to 80 to 40 to 100 etc etc . I understand and am more than happy to reduce my speed in a construction zone but when the speed zone is changing every 500m it gets a bit stupid , reckon some motorists will come to grief up there with these new speed rules .

peterfermtech and rogerazz like this.
  13. typhoeus

There is method in their madness.

14. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Oh no, here come all the old conspiracy theories, again. Don’t some of you guys get tired of rehashing all the cop bashing shit? I sure get sick of reading your crap. The OP posted a law change to inform members, well done. If anybody has an issue with the new laws, take your issues to your local elected politician, cause it is the pollies who make the law, not the cops. Sheesh !!!!!
    Tink

15. phs

phs Well-Known Member

" when the speed zone is changing every 500m it gets a bit stupid "

Stupid, tiring and dangerous.

They need more consistence especially with tighter speeding laws.

peterfermtech, Bomber2012 and dno67 like this.
  16. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Yeah, the last time I was booked was in 1998 on the NSW north coast. The speed limit was all over the place. I saw the cop and checked my speed at a tick under a 100, all good.....trouble is the speed limit was 80 and he pulled me over, I missed the change. He almost let me off, at least he reduced it to 10kph over. I wrote a letter saying I was stupid and they let me off. I guess that makes it official?

Albynsw, dno67 and abw like this.
  17. typhoeus

18. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Agree to a point, however some cops will try anything to get their quota. By quota I mean you have to show you are doing the job.
    There is good and bad in every job mate. By the way, one of my best mates was the Vic. Police Commissioner, another was Chief of Homicide, and a couple were Superintendents . I could tell you a few stories, but I wont at the risk of going down :eek:.
    Read below and then repeat what you said.:rolleyes:.
    https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...s/news-story/d5b837fad9246339ba063c78d169183e

dno67 likes this.
  19. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Ah, Victoria, say no more :D:D:D
    1.5% is not much, but agree is not right.
    Don’t know why they would bother faking them. Mate tells me the breath test things are all digital and faking is easy to detect. Just dumb I guess.
    Tink

20. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

They negitioageted (went on strike) a pay increase some time back, where they were given a pay deal based on increased
    productivity. Raise revenue by what ever means needed.

rogerazz likes this.