New UK top gear

red hilux

Has any one been watching it??

To me, it's crap.

Crap host's. Seems too scripted and they are trying to hard.

Top gear USA is better than this new top gear IMHO and they got axed

ULost2

haven't seen it but I read they lost a big % of the audience by the third (??) show
Not many programs seem to survive when the main face or faces disappear.

abw

I forced myself to watch the first one. Only got 1/3 of the way through before changing channels. That Chris Evens bloke is a d#ck...just shouts and isn't funny. I was silly enough to start watching the second one, which didn't get any better.
Hopefully the new show with the original cast (Clarkson and co) can be seen here.

Batts88

Haven't seen it yet but they're probably trying to hard to keep cashing in on what was a great show wish sometimes sleeping dogs would be left alone as before the incident the show was still very popular and had the right combo of presenters should have maybe just let it end on a high. Just like AC/DC are desperate to keep going just for the sake of trying to be one of the longest surviving rock bands alive or whatever other reason it is they've had 2 great lead singers and would be lucky to make it 3 hopefully they don't tarnish the image too much. It would be better to be remembered for being one of the greatest and end on a high than to die a slow death trying to hang onto what was once.

Bomber2012

I heard Matt Le Blanc (guy that was in friends) is one of the hosts for the new US version ?
Anyone know if this is true ? Sounds like a crappy choice of presenter to me.

Seafgxr6

I heard Matt Le Blanc (guy that was in friends) is one of the hosts for the new US version ?

Nah he is the new host of the uk version, the us version still has the original presenters

Paddler Ed

No, some eejit put him on the UK one...

Chris Evans is a tool, but always has been since the Big Breakfast days; however, he is a bit of a car fan...

Spooner

I couldn't care less , though I did like the early Top Gear shows , ditched the Foxtel over 12months ago , why pay money to watch ads ? .
Free to air is crap anyway.
All this new age , internet channels , well you can stick it all up your , you know what.
My life has been a lot better without it overall .
I don't miss watching much TV at all .
Got better things to do.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I couldn't care less , though I did like the early Top Gear shows , ditched the Foxtel over 12months ago , why pay money to watch ads ? .
Free to air is crap anyway.
All this new age , internet channels , well you can stick it all up your , you know what.
My life has been a lot better without it overall .
I don't miss watching much TV at all .
Got better things to do.
Like winging about tv on the internet? :p:D

Spooner

lol .
Phones are for making phone calls.
Computers are for doing internet stuff.
TV is for watching TV.