New Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series Overlander Build

phs

^ they are good but who has room for one of those in a modern 4wd

we ended up with an XRS

dno67

^ they are good but who has room for one of those in a modern 4wd

we ended up with an XRS
Roof console's a good accessory, left side of the floor tunnel there's probably a few other options too.

Reactions: phs

2luxes

^ I’d never leave home without a winch
Hand winch’s are fine but I guess take up valuable space
Our car is always around 200 kg or more under GVM in the bush so there is always enough space.

I would never hang around 70 or 80 kgs of bull bar and winch off the front of any car that is going to spend about 90% of its time on sealed roads at highway speeds unless the bar and winch were genuine accessories from the car manufacturer. The adverse effects that they would have on handling, particularly in emergency situations, is not worth the risk.

discomatt

Our car is always around 200 kg or more under GVM in the bush so there is always enough space.

I would never hang around 70 or 80 kgs of bull bar and winch off the front of any car that is going to spend about 90% of its time on sealed roads at highway speeds unless the bar and winch were genuine accessories from the car manufacturer. The adverse effects that they would have on handling, particularly in emergency situations, is not worth the risk.
You obviously never do any harder 4wding or venture anywhere near the high country, horses for horses

phs

We intend to use the winch that’s just part of 4wding, we did however look close at weights and decide to go alloy Bullbar 30kgs, +30kg for the winch, if your carrying a hand winch that would be over 30kgs with the steel cable,

once our duel factory batteries give up the ghost we will be going lithium and saving 30+kgs off the front so all in all for 30kgs on the front not too worried probably beneficial in giving the suspension lift some movement

we got a camper with a 120kg ball weight so no need to carry excessive loads in the car or any storage related weight ( fridges, Roof Racks, draws ) all in all very happy with the ride and handling

Last edited:

boobook

I guess it's not surprising the OP disappeared from earth.

The poor guy is going to be happy with his 4wd, and live in ignorant bliss without being criticised for having the wrong car, wrong accessories, being over GVM ( even though he is getting a GVM upgrade) , and having a winch when other people don't think he should have one.

Why should he be happy when he can be told what is right by people don't know him or what he does 4wding like the rest of us on earth?

Oh and he should be out protesting and focusing on conspiracy theories rather than getting out and enjoying 4wding too.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Neil Watts

Jumper leads wont be needed and take up alot of space. (if there decent) Wire up yr battery system to use your secondary battery for that emergency or take a jump started battery pack. again similar price if comparing to worth while jumper leads.

Go soft shackle for weight saving and easy use, so make sure yr recovery points are soft shackle friendly (no sharp edges) Get a snatch block as well.

Roof rack, I hate absolutely hate rhino pioneer style. Go the tradie rack style.(rhino make these as well) Soooo much user friendly and no need to buy all the extra very expensive add on to make the roof rack effective.

If your buying Cel fi and a Sat phone I think its doubling up a bit. The Cel fi do works but is it really a needed or a just want.

long range tank
Somewhere to store jerry cans / fuel or water

Oh and I buy a Patrol Y62 over the 200
and it's petrol, just saved some money on secondary filters.