New to Ballarat

Andythom

Hi all,
I've have moved from Hobart to Ballarat about 10 weeks ago and first time to the site.
I own a 4wd and it's been the last 18 months or so I've taken it off road in Tassie.
I've managed to get out around outer Ballarat exploring and have come across some tracks already.
My rig is only standard and I'm not interested in going mad with mods etc. Just wanting to explore the bush, have a go at challenges, have some fun and see what my old girl can do with out doing to much damage.

Lost1?

Welcome. Plenty of tracks for fairly stock vehicles around a couple of hours drive from Ballarat. Little desert is a bit further out. But within reasonable distance. Wombat state forrest if you use some chicken tracks on the harder parts. You could be camping on the Murray around Echuca way in about 3 hrs. That should get you started. Or 5 hours would see you on the limestone coast when borders open.

Andythom

th
Welcome. Plenty of tracks for fairly stock vehicles around a couple of hours drive from Ballarat. Little desert is a bit further out. But within reasonable distance. Wombat state forrest if you use some chicken tracks on the harder parts. You could be camping on the Murray around Echuca way in about 3 hrs. That should get you started. Or 5 hours would see you on the limestone coast when borders open.
thankyou, Lost 1 I have already been out to Creswick state forest and had a bit of a look around already still have plenty more outings to go on yet.

Frawls

Spent my teens years growing up in the Ballarat, riding dirt bikes around the Creswick State Forest. Fond memories, although it’s a bloody cold place that I do remembe.

Andythom

Spent my teens years growing up in the Ballarat, riding dirt bikes around the Creswick State Forest. Fond memories, although it’s a bloody cold place that I do remembe.
have had a few chilly mornings so far nothing too major but the last couple of days with the wind and the faint drizzle rain that is a new experience for here.