New to the forum.
This is my 2010 Great Wall X240 4WD.

Nothing fancy :)

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 8

jacnden

Welcome to the forum. They are a great bunch here. So I don’t have my GW any more. Maybe the worst thing I did was trade it in
Have a read of the link , lots you can do to make a good off roader out of your x240 if that’s the way you want to go
I noticed your question about 91, 95, 98 octane. If you’ve had your x240 a while you will know it’s the most gutless car out there :) I always ran 95 and sometimes 98, it needs every little bit of help

mrvanders

Welcome to the forum. They are a great bunch here. So I don’t have my GW any more. Maybe the worst thing I did was trade it in
Have a read of the link , lots you can do to make a good off roader out of your x240 if that’s the way you want to go
I noticed your question about 91, 95, 98 octane. If you’ve had your x240 a while you will know it’s the most gutless car out there :) I always ran 95 and sometimes 98, it needs every little bit of help
Thanks heaps for that.

Looks like a bit of comment reading when I'm not too tired hahah
I remember doing 100km/h today and saw a hill in 5th gear then 4th gear, then 3rd gear haha mind you i've been running on 98 since I got the car but the previous owner always stuck 91 in..

I just wasnt sure if they need 95 minimum or higher or if its safe to put 91 (last owner did for 2 years no issues) because of how their booklet says minimum 93 octane but I don't know what that would be in Australia lol

jacnden

Yeah minimum 93 so that leaves you on 95 here. K&n air filter is a good place to start for a bit better performance.
Hope you have as much fun with yours as I had with mine

discomatt

No comment on the K & N filter other than they are good at keeping rocks out but not much else, I wouldn't use one for off road

mrvanders

Just when I'm slowly working out this 4wd business lol... now my 4wd light comes on when its selected in 2wd (ive just ordered a pair of manual locking hubs for it from a v240 model)

Not sure if its because it hasn't been used for a while or if it just needs a good run in 4wd..... the joys