Change background image

New to 4x4

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hamilton, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Hamilton

Hamilton New Member

Hi guys, new to 4x4, quick question I have a XRS-370C CB / Scanner in the ute, can I put two antennas on it to improve the scanning side of the system?

2. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Welcome to Earth. Sorry no idea what you are talking about but I’m sure someone will know and give an answer.
    Tink

3. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

welcome to earth mate

4. 2luxes

2luxes Well-Known Member

I assume you have one of these. https://www.gme.net.au/getxrs/ Try ringing the company and ask them. I called in to see them in Sydney five years ago to ask few questions about an emergency locating beacon and they were very helpful.

5. Ditch

Ditch Active Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Adding another antenna will probably make it worse & it would require a matching network to make it work for very little gain. You would be better off investing in a good high gain antenna instead.

6. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

What @Ditch said...
    Invest in a good antenna to start with, rather than trying to phase match two antennas - if you get the matching wrong (which will be most likely 99.9% of the time) you will definitely make reception worse and run the risk of blowing output transistors on transmit.
    You would be relying on trying to match two antenna and lead lengths to sub-millimeter accuracy.