New to 4wd

Hi everyone I live in salisbury south australia. Just bought my first Awd a 2004 Mazda tribute ( no low range )
modifying it for camping/light offroading looking for a good all terrain tyre
has standard suspension/wheels tyre size of 235 70 r/16
would tyre size of 235 75 r/16 fit or would I have clearance problems ?
have had a look at some BF Goodrich A/T tyres in this size but do not want to lift car at this stage of build

mikehzz

You'd be unlucky if the 75's didn't fit, you canormally go up one size wothout a problem. Not guaranteed though. I wouldn't bother lifting it, odds are there isn't one available anyway. The bigger tyres will lift you around 10mm, but I haven't checked that.

dno67

I wouldn't go to aggressive with your choice of tread, have heard stories of underbody damage caused by tryes throwing up large stones and damaging diff and trailing arm mounts. Possibly only a problem on high speed gravel roads, but something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Thankyou everyone for your replies and advice will probaly stick with same size tyre
all terrain not to agressive but something with a bit more grip than on road tyres
I am planning a trip to Kangaroo island soon so want a tyre that is more suited to some light off road trails