Change background image

New Swag

Discussion in 'Tents' started by unko84, Sep 9, 2017.

1. unko84

unko84 Active Member

Im pritty keen on a new sway with no poles here is a few pic of the current one i have 20170909_142410[1].jpg 20170909_142555[1].jpg

its about 16 years young, the cotton stitching is falling a part, the canvas has a patch on it, its been water proofed a few times( still leaks ) mattress has been replaced got mouldy up in the tropics (that was fun sleeping without a mattress),

Im keen on the old school swag like https://countrysewnsew.com.au/collections/cc-swags/products/3-deluxe-swag
    [​IMG]

A mossi net is a bonus
    dont mind paying for good quality
    dont want a supa centre swags or similar

2. Jaye

Jaye Well-Known Member

If you can afford it buy a Murchison River Swag. You won't buy better, and will be the last swag you will ever own. One day I will treat myself, but can't justify it until my skydome falls apart.

hiluxdriver and unko84 like this.
  3. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

unko84 likes this.
  4. Ranger_Scott

Ranger_Scott Member

Another vote for the Burke and Wills!

unko84 likes this.
  5. ShaunOz

ShaunOz Active Member

Yep, I have the Burke n Wills. No complaints.

unko84 likes this.
  6. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

I've still got my very first swag that I bought almost two decades ago, and it has one tiny feature that I haven't noticed on any other swag, and I absolutely love to pieces.
    Here it is.. IMG_6807.JPG

It's a king sized Down Under swag very similar to this..
    IMG_7317.JPG
    https://www.theswagstore.com.au/p/5582052/down-under---dingo-king-size-swag.html

Mine doesn't have flyscreen permanently attached like this, but I bought an optional zip in panel for when the mozzies get too thick that essentially makes it much the same.
    Mine also didn't come with any poles, though it seems like they do now. I just use it flat most times, and tie it off to a tree/bullbar/tailgate/etc when the occasion calls for it.

Anyway, the feature I wish all envelope style swags had is this "dust flap"..
    IMG_7318.JPG

The other three swags we own don't have them, and they bloody well should. It not only keeps crap out of the end of your swag when it's rolled up, but because the clips are attached to it, it's makes doing them up while you're kneeling on it easy as.

Happy swag hunting.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    ShaunOz, unko84 and mac_man_luke like this.
  7. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

i still sleep in my first swag, it's just a bag with a head flap and 50mm thin foam matress, no poles, no fly mesh, has a inner pocket thou, the only thing is, I put it on a stretcher. why get another one when the first one's not broke. :cool:

unko84 and Mr Rum like this.
  8. Rojac

Rojac Well-Known Member