new ranger problems?

mac_man_luke

nothing major and if you buy new then they should have all the fixed bits on them e.g. radiator hose under the fuel filter, climate control actuator.

Paddler Ed

I've seen a picture of the underside of one, and there seemed to be a lot of cabling that looked a bit vulnerable around the back axle.

Hope that helps,

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Actually, just recalled (for some reason) the doors can auto lock too, so always remove keys, and get a spare hidden underneath somewhere.

Sent from my HTC1 using tapatalk

BarKer

Les, I am fairly sure that is one of the 'advanced' Mazda only features in the PX/new BT models.. Prevents you from forgetting to lock the car :)

Swaggie

Actually, just recalled (for some reason) the doors can auto lock too, so always remove keys, and get a spare hidden underneath somewhere.

Sent from my HTC1 using tapatalk
Hi Les

The mates 100 series does that, it would drive me nuts, most likely lock myself out while camping on a regular basis lol

80lover96gxl

Hi Les

The mates 100 series does that, it would drive me nuts, most likely lock myself out while camping on a regular basis lol
My 80 used to do that too, removed the alarm and remote central locking and problem solved.
Never happened on a trip , only at home in the shed thankfully.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Les, I am fairly sure that is one of the 'advanced' Mazda only features in the PX/new BT models.. Prevents you from forgetting to lock the car :)
Yeah mate. Bl00dy noce of then isn't it ?
Mazda thinks of everything hey :rolleyes:

Hi Les

My 80 used to do that too, removed the alarm and remote central locking and problem solved.
Never happened on a trip , only at home in the shed thankfully.
Funny enough, same trip as Bart (BarKer) had his lock in the Simmo, MINE did a similar thing at Walkers Crossing on the way to Inna.
Pulled up in the shade at the crossing itself, and had a quick break / cold drinks, Anne said she heard it click and sure enough . . . luckily, she had her keys on her, as mine were, yep, in the ignition !!

I went to get a key cut a few weeks ago at the local key cutting stall, but told no has to be Ford or maybe a locksmith job, as it's a transponder type key.
I just wanted a manual one to hide underneath somewhere, and simply open a door if it happens again, but still need right blank.

Reminds me to follow up again, got to get that organised.

Swaggie

Yeah mate. Bl00dy noce of then isn't it ?
Mazda thinks of everything hey :rolleyes:

Funny enough, same trip as Bart (BarKer) had his lock in the Simmo, MINE did a similar thing at Walkers Crossing on the way to Inna.
Pulled up in the shade at the crossing itself, and had a quick break / cold drinks, Anne said she heard it click and sure enough . . . luckily, she had her keys on her, as mine were, yep, in the ignition !!

I went to get a key cut a few weeks ago at the local key cutting stall, but told no has to be Ford or maybe a locksmith job, as it's a transponder type key.
I just wanted a manual one to hide underneath somewhere, and simply open a door if it happens again, but still need right blank.

Reminds me to follow up again, got to get that organised.
Yeah mate don't forget, mines never done it, but if I ever decide to leave the keys in my vehicle I leave the drivers side Window quarter/halfway down (I have a wind deflector too so you can't really see its open).. If you get into that habit you'll be ok..

Swaggie

One came into the mechanics the other day, a rear main seal went, the jury is out as to whether it's been fixed properly under warranty...

muc the truck

central locking is bloody awesome when you lock your keys out . all you need is a trigger wire added some were discreet wired in and then earth out to unlock the doors . I have done this to all my central locking cars except the current one . must get on to it .

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
That might be a better option muc, just have a wire with female elec connection from CL , and earth a short lead to body with male connection, tucked away under the body somewhere. Too easy.

Last edited:

angjul99

Only issue leaving key in ignition in the new PX Rangers is that it will continue to cycle through the starting program and flatten the battery quickly.

mauriceb

Another issue with the ford ranger and the BT 50 from witnessing this is there is no water alarm or light that warns you that you have water in the diesel filter , this cost 2 of my mates $13k and $15000.00 in repairs to pumps and injectors . Both went directly into limp mode and stopped with the power trans error light on. Fitting a pre filter like fuel manager and the optional water alarm switch is essential as any common rail motor wont tolerate any amounts of water in fuel

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Another issue with the ford ranger and the BT 50 from witnessing this is there is no water alarm or light that warns you that you have water in the diesel filter , this cost 2 of my mates $13k and $15000.00 in repairs to pumps and injectors . Both went directly into limp mode and stopped with the power trans error light on. Fitting a pre filter like fuel manager and the optional water alarm switch is essential as any common rail motor wont tolerate any amounts of water in fuel
I find this frustrating that we spend all of this money on our vehicles and something like this not only stops us, but costs us Thousands of Dollars to fix what I would class as a design error.

I would love to see what would happen if someone were to take the manufacturer to court due to " Goods not suitable for purpose"

At least Toyota do give you a warning of dirty filter or water if they can do it then Ford / Mazda surely can.

cheers

mauriceb

That is true .I know that the prado and the tridon have a fuel float with dash warning cant comment on others . On the 150 prado light comes on first then flashs to warn to stop as its water level in reached

mac_man_luke

They do have a water light but a secondary filter is wise if getting fuel in the outback etc.