Change background image

New Mt Terrible Hut Vandalised

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by Neat 60, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Neat 60

Neat 60 Active Member

It really pisses me off that I'm writing this post but the new Mt Terrible Hut has suffered its 1st bout of vandalism after it was rebuilt from the ground up nearly a year ago. In their infinite wisdom some moron took to the benches inside the hut with a chainsaw and used them for firewood! I mean FFS REALLY? There's absolutely no shortage of firewood around and this lazy, selfish, irresponsible prick/s goes and does this!
    Damage 2.JPG
    Damage 3.JPG

As a member of the volunteer team that assisted DELWP in the build it really pains me that someone would do this after the effort that was put into this hut for EVERYONE to enjoy it. DELWP & Police are investigating.

2. Karl Fehlauer

Karl Fehlauer Well-Known Member

There are some real mental pygmy's out there :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Karl

Neat 60 likes this.
  3. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

If caught. These fu%6tards should be castrated, there gene's won't
    be missed.

Neat 60 likes this.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Your F%^&ing kidding me ?
    Obviously not :(

Neat 60 likes this.
  5. Spooner

More than that . Bloody Ferals

Neat 60 likes this.
  6. Spooner

Some people are just F%^$ed in the head Anthony , sorry to hear mate :(
    Mt Terrible Hut 10.jpg

Neat 60 likes this.
  7. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Maybe should all wood now be stained with a toxic paint?

Neat 60 likes this.
  8. Neat 60

Neat 60 Active Member

Its just a big kick in the guts mate

9. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

You'd have to be missing a few brain cells to do something like that.

Aaron

Neat 60 likes this.
  10. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

All we can do is fix damage, i'm good for a couple of hundred for timber if someone want's the work. just let me know where and when.:cool:

11. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

It's a dam shame they knew how to use the chainsaw properly...

Neat 60 likes this.
  12. slivertoy

slivertoy Well-Known Member

it's a shame alright, Swaggie and Neat60, if they knew how to use a chainsaw properly, they should have walked 100mt's or so and get it from the bush,
    it really pi$$es me off when brainless idiots do this to a brand new hut, that many great men, volunteered their time and effort, and money to builld this hut for everyone to use, give me 5 minutes with them and they would be wishing they hadn't done it.
    there just seems no reason for it, who in their right mind would even think about cutting the benches up.:mad::mad::mad:
    i could guess, but i might get myself banned for here, ;)

80lover96gxl, Spooner and Neat 60 like this.
  13. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

I was being sarcastic meaning cut off one of there own limbs instead, I totally agree with your method, the courts will fail us time and time again, probably already on bail or one of a series of good behaviour bonds...

I've helped build a hut, it would feel personal if an asshole vandalised it...

Neat 60, Spooner and slivertoy like this.
  14. Neat 60

Neat 60 Active Member

A lot of time and effort went into getting the hut to the approval stage due to the vandalism the old one suffered. It was thought that if it was built brand new using quality materials it would be looked after. Whilst it’s reprehensible to us that people would do this after all that effort, DELWP and all the volunteers are 100% committed to keeping this Hut looking its best for everyone’s enjoyment!

15. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Can we get an update on when this was done and any other info? I am on a facebook page of Troopies with over 5,500 members and I would like to post something. It will then go around and maybe someone will talk.

Neat 60 likes this.
  16. Neat 60

Neat 60 Active Member

Hard to put an exact time on it as DELWP or our group was last up there on the 2nd of September. The damage was found after Melb Cup weekend so if anyone was there anywhere between those two dates and could say it wasn’t like that it could help to narrow it down. It would make reviewing CCTV much easier? Did I say CCTV? Yep I did...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    abw, rogerazz and Swaggie like this.
  17. unko84

unko84 Active Member

your The Master Baker so your going to make some special meat pies, if we catch them,sorry Sean :)

on a hard note all the effort Ant and the team, Nino and I tort you guys did a awesome job resurrecting the hut when I was up there last.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Neat 60 and slivertoy like this.
  18. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

just a couple of stickers that say, REMOTE AREA SURVEILLANCE CAMERA IN OPERATION.

19. unko84

unko84 Active Member

what about some game hunting cameras

20. Neat 60

Neat 60 Active Member

As per my last post there ARE cameras up there that can clearly identify vehicle type and rego’s.

Spooner, slivertoy, Swaggie and 2 others like this.