Change background image

New member from Sweden LC105

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chrno242, Nov 8, 2018.

1. chrno242

chrno242 New Member

Hi all,

Have been on here for quite a few years whilst looking for a LC105.
    They are not the most common car to find in Europe so it has taken me a good
    5 years in order to source the car I really wanted.
    I went to England to look for a 105 that turned out to be a LC100, seller did his best
    to try and convince me that IFS was an option for 105's....

Had some great help from Brian 80lover96gxl around Diff questions and what route to take so
    thanks a lot for that!

But on to my car, that I now happened to stumble upon just two hours from where I live.
    It was imported to Sweden from Saudi Arabia in 2002, by a fellow actually living no more than 20 minutes
    from me, so now after 12 years the circle is at least semi closed as the car is back in it's original territory.

This guy used to work in Saudi and decided to bring the car back home with him. Did a 1HD-T swap in his garage
    and since it's a car that he owned in another country it's pretty much free to do whatever I want with it in terms of
    modifications and emissions. Not too bad I would say.

Spec is a 2002 LC 105 1HD-T
    OME 2" rise
    ARB rear Locker
    Safariland Snorkel
    Side pipe exhaust (Have no idea what brand or if this has ever been an factory option. Looks cool but makes the exhaust fumes
    come in to the car much easier so not ideal if you ask me)
    Vision X work lights and Light bar
    TMJ T-3 Bar
    4litre air tank for lockers/tire works
    OEM roof rack
    Seat heaters
    AVM Freewheeling hubs

Sure there were some other bits and pieces on there but I might start a proper build thread if time arises.

Have already managed to source a Warn Zeon 10-S winch with Factor55 Ultrahook
    Restitched the steering wheel as it was rather nasty.
    Ordered a TJM T-13 Bull bar and am about to wire the ARB switches into a factory diff switch to clean up the
    instrumentation and move the compressor switch closer to the drivers door.
    Maxtrax2 in OD has been ordered, and I am building a bed/drawer system in the rear that might turn out to be good,
    or just a display in my poor skills as a craftsman...

I'll start with one pic as I really haven't had time to take too many pictures. At the moment the car is at my Toyota dealer
    to receive some TLC and a timing belt change. Want to have it checked by the pro's before I embark on sorting it myself
    as I have limited knowledge of machines like this. My interest have been in Rotary engines and my RX-7 in the past.

I hope all of you can cope with a few stupid questions in the future as there are loads of things to learn about this car, and
    needs to get sorted before I am 100% happy with it.

Cheers,

Daniel

Attached Files:

RBJET likes this.
  2. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Hey Dan, congrats on the 105, should be great with the 1hdt in it mate, nice lookin truck.

When time allows start a post in the my 4wd thread and keep us up to date on your progress with the modifications. Also dont forget to fill us in on the adventures you have in the new beast too mate.

chrno242 likes this.
  3. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

G'day Daniel, no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to learning about your car, I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that will be glad to help you with your cruiser.......Jim

chrno242 and 80lover96gxl like this.
  4. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Nice, clean looking Toyo. Enjoy.
    Tink

5. Zamunda

Zamunda Well-Known Member

@chrno242 Good looking fourbie mate. Have fun, which I am sure you will. Post pictures of your trips from time to time. Would love to see the places you visit.
    Going to christen your 105 with a name? :)

chrno242 likes this.