Change background image

New Member and Need help with Accessory

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 2018kj, Aug 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 2018kj

2018kj New Member

hi there,

I want to mount a light bar to my partners ute as a surprise as he’s always wanted one. Anyways I bought it, but no roof racks due to the apartment we live in the garage isn’t high enough to have one.
    I have a bar on the back, which I can attach it to. But what part can I buy to attach it?
    Also what is best to attached the cord along the roof to the engine? See photos attached :)

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. RODEODAVE

RODEODAVE Well-Known Member

I would use some thing like this to mount the bar...
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-3-B...m=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0
    after that I would run the cable / cord down between the cab and the tray of the ute .
    from there i would run it into the chassis rail and back out at the engine bay just inside the front wheel arch .
    From there up into the engine bay and connect to the required switches and feeds ie high beam..

Dave

3. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

I’d do almost exactly what Dave suggested, except that I’d also run the wires down through the sports bars. Makes for a tidy finish.
    Really depends how much effort you want to put into it though.

4. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

welcome to earth, as those guys above said and you'll have a very happy partner !