New Kings Rooftop?

shaun0

I'm
These look like the goods to me..... Are they available in Adelaide? Does anyone have 1st hand experience with them?
I'm liking it to way better price than Bush Company or Alu Cab. I spoke with Bush Company and they said next shipment arrives April and 3 tents still available. That's the Alpha tent. They seem so so bulky up top that's my main issue plus you lose the roof space. But at least that MW one is a more realistic price.

silkwood

The Kings unit looks a lot like the Bush Company tent. I'm really happy with my Bush company RTT, but if this unit is even reasonable quality it would be a great budget option. One reason I picked the BC RTT is for the all-round awning, so you can keep the rain out but still have the windows open somewhat. This is a major shortcoming on many of the clam-style RTTs. They tend to build up condensation, particularly up north.

These things are brilliantly fast to open up and pack down. The BC Black Series (the one I have) doesn't allow you to stand and dress, that's true, but also true for most others on the market. The new Alpha tent does have more room. Absolutely doesn't bother me, but then I'm used to bivvy and tarp or ultralight tent camping.

The Kings unit has even better coverage, at the expense of the minimal time it takes to add the two extra awning poles. Some of the budget stuff from Kings and the like I wouldn't trust when touring, but these hard shell RTTs may be worth a look.

Cheers,
Mark

Albynsw

I was keen to check these out but are wary of the company so was waiting for some feedback, hasn’t started out real good :rolleyes:

Jaye

I was keen to check these out but are wary of the company so was waiting for some feedback, hasn’t started out real good :rolleyes:
Such a shame really. How hard is it to use the correct glue for example? Very basic things are wrong and can have huge outcomes. Something as simple as using the right glue and its not going to add much to the cost or take from the profit margin.

mikehzz

The trouble is you can't trust either good or bad reviews really. There's so much fake news with an agenda being put out these days it's impossible. I'd question whether condensation in a closed tent could soak everything, plus I'm having trouble dealing with the linings falling off. Maybe if it was hosed out then shut for a week in the sun? Something fishy about that. Also, the cheap Chinese garbage comment.....almost everything is made there now. Anyway, it could be fair dinkum. Who knows?