New kid on the block

Benjo10

Hi all,

I'm new to the 4x4 world. I haven't done any off roading yet but with the whole stuck inside I can't really get out there right now.

A little about me. I'm 28, family man, love camping and fishing (not very good at it, haha). I live in Sydney. I work in a boring office job and I wasn't brought up on been outdoors but the more I get out there the more I'm loving it.

I'm hoping for advice, tips and tricks that people have learnt in their time exploring our great land. As well as make some good friends to show me the ropes.

I currently have a 2005 Mazda Tribute. No mods on it yet but will be putting a 2 inch lift and new shocks as the ones I've got are busted. I know it's not really the best for 4x4 but we all started somewhere I guess.

I hope to get to know a lot of you soon. Hit me up for a chat.

2002GU3

G'day mate, welcome to earth. Keep an eye on the trips section, there is usually someone who is organising a trip, and newbies are always welcome to go along (a great way to learn, and there are lots of experienced guys and gals on here that would be happy to help you learn) or you can post your own trips and see who would like to go with you, there are also annual meetings for each state (though not much going on this year because of the virus ) if you want to know anything, just ask, plenty of knowledge on here............

Benjo10

Thanks mate.

I'm learning heaps everyday. I'm not a machanic's bootlace but I'm attempting to do as many mods myself on my rig. This is a great time to get the work done on her, ready to take her out once we are set free from iso.

Swaggie

Thanks mate.

I'm learning heaps everyday. I'm not a machanic's bootlace but I'm attempting to do as many mods myself on my rig. This is a great time to get the work done on her, ready to take her out once we are set free from iso.

Welcome to the forum mate
Great idea to learn about your vehicle as much as possible, also do your own wiring etc if your capable, if anything goes wrong out there you’ll have a fair idea how to trace it.