New. Hilux LN107 replacement starter motor ’92

Philip Si Si

Hi folks.
Living so far from anywhere I have to do my own repairs. Lost the lot in the Black Summer fires in Mallacoota.
Health poor and defrauded out of $200k. 18 month old baby boy and struggling.
Need advice please.
Have a 1992 Hilux LN107 2.8 ltr diesel with a dud starter motor.
I purchased a 10 tooth replacement online as that was listed as the replacement.
When I pulled out the old one today …nearly killed me, I found that the one in the vehicle has 11 teeth.
Are these 10 tooth starters compatible please ?
I need to get it sorted asap as we are short on firewood and need to pickup but have to get the starter sorted.
Hoping someone can fill me in please ?

Kindest regards,
Philip

Philip Si Si

Hi Typhoeus.
I have no idea and haven’t really got the equipment to do it for numerous reasons.
Some sellers say that the 10 tooth starter replaces the 11 tooth, including the site I bought it from but I cannot contact the seller.
I was hoping someone on this forum might know whether this is the case.
Philip

typhoeus

From what I can find, they will fit. 10 tooth has an easier job of turning the engine over. The lower gearing helps spin it easier.

Philip Si Si

Hy
From what I can find, they will fit. 10 tooth has an easier job of turning the engine over. The lower gearing helps spin it easier.
Hi.
Thanks so much. I was just about to contact you to let you know the same. I’ve just got off a call to my old Auto Electrician who simply looked up his trade manual and found the same. You beat me to it.
Don’t know why I didn’t think of him earlier ? I suppose it’s because I now live 520kms from his business and haven’t used him for years …that’ll do it.
Thank you so much for your time and effort. I am very grateful and appreciative.

kindest regards,
Philip