Change background image

New from Newy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by denmonkey, Apr 20, 2018.

1. denmonkey

denmonkey Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I'm Brett from Newcastle NSW.
    I'm currently in the process of getting my 2010 NT pajero set up for some more serious 4wding .
    It started life like this
    [​IMG]

and looks a bit like this with a few more add ons (need more pics :) )
    Winch has just arrived and the bullbar should be here next week.
    I'll be taking on the install myself, so wish me luck.

[​IMG]

My previous vehicle was a delica and it wet my appetite for the places a 4wd can take you and the fun that can be had.
    [​IMG]

My mates have never had 4wd drives so its nice to be making some new buds who like getting out there.
    Looking forward to a long weekend at Bylong at the end of May. Super pumped :)

Also a Ham operator with the call of VK2MRX.
    I like to knock up youtube videos of my mods to the paj and will post up as I go.
    If you're in my area, give me a shout and let me know when your out for a run and I'd love to come along.

cheers Brett

Attached Files:

• webdel.jpg
      webdel.jpg
      File size:
      539.5 KB
      Views:
    • d2.jpg
      d2.jpg
      File size:
      181.4 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      311.6 KB
      Views:
    Spooner likes this.
  2. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

G'day Brett, welcome to earth mate, keep an eye on the trip section.

3. denmonkey

sure will. does it get much activity ?

cheers

4. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

yeah, members post trips to see if anyone wants to tag along with them......or you can post your own to ask others to tag along with you........also has a section for trip reports - ( where people post reports/pictures of their trips ) --also there is the NSW annual meeting coming up in MAY, at Bendethera, a weekend of 4x4 driving and catching up with many of the guys/gals from earth

5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Welcome Brett,
    Is thats whats left of the Sygna ???
    I remember as a kid we went and had a look when it 1st ran aground in 74/75 ?
    Was a whole ship back then , then it broke into 2 pieces .
    I was born and bred in Newcastle :)

6. denmonkey

sup Spoon.
    No mate, she's all gone now. So I've been told.
    That was probably about 4 years ago when the pic was taken.
    How come you moved from god's country ?

Spooner likes this.
  7. Spooner

No work with the closing of BHP in the early 80's , I saw no future for myself here anymore.
    My grandfather ran a overhead crane in the rolling mill until he retired . My uncle drove coal trains , My dad worked in Mine Machinery.
    Was all set to walk into a job in either , but left as I could see the writing on the wall ;)

8. Spooner

So I see , I looked it up , This is how I remember it at the time , I was 11 or 12 years old . It was huge .
    Sygna1.jpeg
    As my old man said was the biggest thing to happen in Newcastle since the Japs fired some shells from submarines one night during WW2.

9. Spooner

When I was the same age , we used to go with our uncle (ex army) into secret tunnels from King Edward Park across to Bar Beach where they had gun emplacements during the war , was the coolest fun :) With our Dolphin torches walking in pitch black tunnels until you popped out at a cliff face opening.

10. denmonkey

I guess in the grand scheme of things, it hasn't taken long to disappear at all.
    I guessing having the sea pounding on you constantly will do that.
    Like when some bozzo goes below the tide level and gets stuck.

I can remember doing a tour thing through some of those tunnels up there many moons ago. I don't think they let you go anywhere near them anymore.
    I recall seeing all the syringes and rubbish in there at the time.

Similar to 4wding, it ruins it for all the people doing the right thing.