New DIY Camper trailer

old parthy

Ok thought i would follow though with some photos......
Been pulling apart a lot of work done ...not knowing that i had missed doing some things... but in saying that i feel better what i have done now as i don't have to do it later.
Sound system in and CB radio done.. Funny thing about the CB... When i tested it the other day it was working better then the one in the car..
The sound system is just a Kenwood CD ,AM/FM head unit, small AMP, and 4 speakers...... (all 2nd hand ) The CB is just a 40ch with a new speaker placed under the slide out kitchen.
Both have been placed under one end of the stainless steel bench top that covers the wheel arch , while at the other end i have put in some plugs USB x2 and power plug... And on the rear of the bench i put in the Anderson plug .... this is to power the fridge and also to charge the two car battery's that are under the floor on the left side...

Attachments

old parthy

On the right side of trailer anther bench over wheel arch, this time with the filler neck and out let for fuel at one end while at the other end i have put in the inverter (2400 watts) with more power outlets under it with the switch's for the fuel pump and LED lights.... As a safety i run two switch's to get the fuel on. and again i have a Anderson plug at the rear of the bench to charge the battery's and to power the fridge. On this side of the trailer i have 5 small deep cycle battery's (38 AMP'S each) ...Why them? they were cheap and fitted just right in the space...
The Anderson plugs on both sides are used to solar charge the battery's and /or to run the fridge. . . .Why so much power? Kids, tools, car repairs (if needed) to power sound system And to run the fridge if it rains for a few days while camping LOL....

Attachments

old parthy

Two awnings which both fold up/down with locking pins.... the upper doors use gas struts to hold them in place, with Full length LED light strip on both doors. The right door has the tent poles and towel racks, while the left door has a knife rack and paper towel holder (for now)..
I fitted a spare wheel holder to the rear... and yes it fold's down... this is so when the rear door (bed) come's down it has something to rest on... H
Rear WiFi camera has been fitted under spare, also rock lights under the trailer (3 blue fluro tube's)
The kitchen is on a home made slide and bigger draw fitted to it. Tap is powered by a pressure foot pedal so no wasted water (kids) .. Gas oven fitted so as the kitchen is fully out the oven is in line with bench. The fridge is to big but i own it so i'm using it LOL.. Using a 4WD supercenter slide . cut the push in plug off and put the Anderson plug on....
Things still to do? still to much... trying to get trailer over to trimmers to get end beds done... find somewhere to put the Hi-lift jack, axe, shovel, work out what tools i think i should have , and where to put them.. Making sure that i try and keep the whole thing under 1200kg's loaded (with full tank of fuel. I've made this trailer so the kids are happy ... so they will be happy to come along on long trips... i will still have my other trailer with the roof top tent and awnings for harder tracks (500kgs loaded) for when i go alone (kids At their mom's weekend)

Attachments

Last edited:

old parthy

Oh and almost all the plugs and switch's ,wiring, Anderson plugs are from two battery box's that i couldn't use for the trailer. . . so i just pulled them apart and used it all... The 2nd hand items used on the trailer... are from a car wholesale yard i once worked in and got most of it from the trade-ins.
Car radio, CB, Amp, Inverter, the 3 fluro lights and so on.. The awnings almost new items.. they had bent poles or missing parts when i got them.. i bought 4 and just made two good ones and still have some spare's if needed later on. i will take some more photos later in the week of it set up in day and night modes.

Earthdude

Wow, a lot going on in there. Good to see the progress thanks. Will be interesting to see the AUW ready to travel. My first build had a lot of bells and wistles, last build has just the basics and a notepad for things to add or change next. Now 950kg fully loaded but just the two of us so easy to keep it light.

I've used some down time recently to add a small slide out draw to my camper trailer. It's a under bench tool type draw with the Weber bolted to it so gets the cooking parts enclosed within the trailer and then setup with all the cooking gear quite easily. Quick lockup too when I need to leave the van while checking out the area.
Hopefully we all get the nod to go camping soon. ;)

old parthy

Wow, a lot going on in there. Good to see the progress thanks. Will be interesting to see the AUW ready to travel. My first build had a lot of bells and wistles, last build has just the basics and a notepad for things to add or change next. Now 950kg fully loaded but just the two of us so easy to keep it light.

I've used some down time recently to add a small slide out draw to my camper trailer. It's a under bench tool type draw with the Weber bolted to it so gets the cooking parts enclosed within the trailer and then setup with all the cooking gear quite easily. Quick lockup too when I need to leave the van while checking out the area.
Hopefully we all get the nod to go camping soon. ;)
Oh i still have my 1st trailer, it has a rooftop tent on it... And what ever i put in the box under the tent... its one i use just for me if i'm going somewhere...
Although i do need to swap the tent around 180 ... i dont need the under tent room anymore so . by having the tent fold forward i dont have to climb as high now.... i still have a soft spot for it... been a great trailer done about 25,000 km's i would think in 4/5 years maybe more if i had to really think... lol .Both trailers are 8x5.. both sit high , just the 1st still has outer guards over the wheels , were the DIY has the wheels under the trailer-(so i didn't have to worry about rubbing on trees and embankments while driving.. The DIY frame is made using 4/5 mm RHS ... so i could rub if i had too.
Any ways i should have photos by weekend been doing the wiring of elect brakes ( car and trailer yesterday and tomorrow) so i am hoping that i have done it right, along with the switching and wiring of the under lights of both car an trailer...
LOL funny how when one wants to put something else under the dash.... one has to move things around to make it all work...... so many hours on both... LOL

old parthy

Ok .. some more up date's with photos of what the trailer is looking like the photos show what it looks like with the awnings up (not open) and the roof on. just wanted to see if i missed anything.. and yes i did ... so i have 3 days to work it out before hitting the long weekend ...(TJ's 4b park)

Attachments