New DIY Camper trailer

https://4x4earth.com/forum/data/attachments/55/55252-26d959e210d3306901d4abe59d919848.jpg

May I ask, what is the square tank out of? I'm still chasing a decent old style square tank? Would it be any trouble for measurements? If you would not mind, please.
Tank comes from a falcon ute/panel van... , i have two of them... when i'm going to go on a short trip ...i will have the one in trailer.. with a good box cover.. But for the bigger trip like ayres rock i will have them one on top of the other.. I dont like jerry cans ..they keep falling over and when asleep anyone can take them ..last thing one wants is to have over $200 of fuel go missing... lol

@old parthy Looks like a heck of a project, well done.

I love the idea of the drop down bunk/swags for the kids.

Thats a great tip.
I have a child that hates setting up camp site.. so by putting the bed's at each end they dont have a bed unless they set it up.... lol And yes it's been one hell of a project .. Cost is now just over $2,300.. and about 100 hours so far... because i have nothing to copy from... its been a long job... .. one can only hope that once its done... it tows well.. other wise its been all for nothing...

Petunia

Thank you, for that, having a tub which i like unless i can find a sub tank from an 40-80series to measure, or a Smurf with an extra tank, i tried asking local wreckers for a torana tank but they near impossible to source, and i'm not paying for a brown davis ...might as well get one custom done, i cleared the space full width under there between the springs.

Thanks.

Thank you, for that, having a tub which i like unless i can find a sub tank from an 40-80series to measure, or a Smurf with an extra tank, i tried asking local wreckers for a torana tank but they near impossible to source, and i'm not paying for a brown davis ...might as well get one custom done, i cleared the space full width under there between the springs.

Thanks.
Um i may know someone with the rear tank from a 80 series with pump and i know its cheap i will have to ask them in morning... they put LPG gas tanks under it

old parthy

the tank is from a falcon ute / panel van.. I can also get a rear tank from a 80 series ...they took it out to put some LPG tanks. and the tank still has the pump in it..

Ok as you can see from the 3 new photos i put up Trailer is coming along slowly... Never knew it was going to be this hard and eat up so much time... Well one side done and now for the other.. and then somewhere in between finishing the ends as beds/swags... As you can see i have started to work out how to do the floor, with it folding inwards.. i think i got that part worked out... now for the outer part from the top to bed.trying to get it so it seals and folds away nicely. Once iv'e got that working, then the ends. seems like i'm going two steps forward and then one step back... lol i sure know how to make it hard for me... What i mean by that is ..I had the motor trimmer come around the other day to look at the job?
You could see the dust trail from the trailer to his car he ran so fast to get away from it... lol
No, but he did say it was going to take me some time to work it out... And it would cost way to much if he was to do all the work... So he gave me a few tips and said he would still be happy to sow it up if i would spend the time working it out.
AIso, I was looking at the side after i finished putting it together/fitting it, and thought maybe i should have gone with a one piece folding up door... oh well to late now ...

Last edited: