New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

mikehzz

Yeah, the campsites at Dingo Piss Creek are full of the other cars it seems to be competing with ( Mercedes-Benz GLE and BMW X5, and ahead of the Audi Q7, Lexus RX, Volvo XC90 and even the Range Rover Sport). :)

boobook

Shame to see, hopefully the reviews get better over time. I parked next to one again this morning, they look nice
There are quite a few around the area where I live, they do look great. Inside and out. Pity they're not fit for purpose.

a1bert

Had one with the lot pass me Thursday, looked recently out of the show room, my first impression was I wonder how many times has it been back to the dealer);
Matt keep the humor up

boobook

That old cracked record still goes around and around - nothing new.
Yep they keep breaking down, I'll keep pointing it out, and you keep being a sensitive and defensive little petal . Life is normal here.

Unless Landrover can make the Defender reliable, you and had better get used to it.

Last edited:

discomatt

Yep sadly they are another LR disaster, a real shame because the fact is that if LR could build them with any sort of quality control and reliability they would without question be 10 times better overall than any other 4wd on the market, but they are not better, they are unreliable crap.
Ineos her I come because I am not waiting 10 years for LR to possibly fix the Defer , my D4 will not last another 10 years, as good as it is its still a LR and unless the 300 is remarkably better than the 200 I won't be going there either

Albynsw

Yep sadly they are another LR disaster, a real shame because the fact is that if LR could build them with any sort of quality control and reliability they would without question be 10 times better overall than any other 4wd on the market, but they are not better, they are unreliable crap.
Ineos her I come because I am not waiting 10 years for LR to possibly fix the Defer , my D4 will not last another 10 years, as good as it is its still a LR and unless the 300 is remarkably better than the 200 I won't be going there either

They do come up with some great concepts and features but seem to trip over themselves with the execution. I don’t know why when newer kids on the block seem to be able to learn from their mistakes and continue to show remarkable improvements over their relatively short life.

discomatt

They do come up with some great concepts and features but seem to trip over themselves with the execution
It is just unbeilivable that they continue down the same path time and time again, most other manufacturers manage to see the fact that reliability has a direct corollation to sales so as a money making business would want/need to fix any issues.

mikehzz

They do come up with some great concepts and features but seem to trip over themselves with the execution. I don’t know why when newer kids on the block seem to be able to learn from their mistakes and continue to show remarkable improvements over their relatively short life.
We are being a bit premature with the Grenadier don't you think? It could be a practical nightmare. :)

Albynsw

We are being a bit premature with the Grenadier don't you think? It could be a practical nightmare. :)

Time will tell how they go, my comments were more targeted at the likes of Kia etc who have got their act together in a reasonably short time space they have been about V LR being around a long time