New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

peterfermtech

The first one was packed with kids and changed lanes on me in a 70 zone with no indication causing me to honk the horn and call him names of an anatomical nature!
Reminds me of my departed mate in the 90's with a brand new Disco. (Don't know what model it was. I gave up caring about models of cars some time in the 70's). Anyhow he did a similar maneuver in front of a truck on City Link near the Bolte. Truck drivers response was "Yuppie D!ck Head". Nothings changed.

discomatt

WOW, all over this forum many bag LR , some with good points most with no idea on what they are taking about and just regurgitate BS, now all LR drivers are yuppi dick head morons who can't drive, very informative site this one

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
WOW, all over this forum many bag LR , some with good points most with no idea on what they are taking about and just regurgitate BS, now all LR drivers are yuppi dick head morons who can't drive, very informative site this one
Extract from the V8 thread -
"WHY??
so you could be another one of the dicks who tows at 85 in a 100 zone because thats all the car can manage to safely do without flogging the crap out of it"

Hypocritical much??

boobook

You can scrape up dirt from the side of the road and throw it on a car to make it look authentic but, the yuppies buy it in bags from Bunnings and add it at home.
Wash your mouth.

No respectable Land Rover owner would be seen with Bunning's brand when they can buy genuine Land Rover spray on certified mud accessories.

Besides, if you got a bag of manure and put it on your Landrover how could you tell which bits are shit?

smitty_r51

Saw one today in what can only be described as dog egg brown.

Personalised plates to go with it so we know Jackson bought one.

Tell you one thing, they don't hang around...plenty of grunt off the lights

boobook

Saw one today in what can only be described as dog egg brown.

Personalised plates to go with it so we know Jackson bought one.

Tell you one thing, they don't hang around...plenty of grunt off the lights
They actually look great in the flesh too.

Albynsw

Did well, that is crap wallowing around in that stuff but good to see it getting a workout
Maybe it was a but deceiving but it didn’t appear to be cocking it’s leg up everywhere like all the other footage you see.

Albynsw

The locker is without doubt the ultimate for off-road
The drawback is the on road compromise of an open diffed vehicle on the blacktop
TC is probably a good compromise

boobook

I don't get that sort of thing. I am sure it is a nice, sporty family vehicle for going to the snow.. Same as the G Wagon V8's, and Range Rovers. The article talks about taking it drifting on grass, it has about 100mm tops of the sidewall, and Drive gives it 9.0 for fit for purpose. What is the purpose? I would have thought the less drifting off road the better.

That's not a criticism of the Defender in general but, but isn't that Defender smack bang in the market that RR and discos are for?

I wonder if these are designed for the media, not real owners? Maybe one of these at $250K generates as much profit as 50 Defenders at $80K. And it never has remote recovery obligations for LR?