New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

boobook

Has Land Rover woken up to the fact that people want the old Defender?

They are selling "New" old defenders. First in first serve. Only 25 available and $350K each. Forget wade sensors that take 10 mins to activate, flakey screens, ECU check engine lights, and stylish new interior. This is the real deal. Only Downside is Jessica Hawkins, not Jennifer.

a1bert

Landrover wins the Dependent ability Awards in US for reliability over 3 years with a score of 244, see the results :eek:

peterfermtech

Apparently Google's AI thinks that if I'm looking at Landrover then I'm an opportunity to sell spare parts.
Screenshot_20210223_222600.png

cam04

Landrover wins the Dependent ability Awards in US for reliability over 3 years with a score of 244, see the results :eek:
You have to work hard to knock Chrysler fiat off the bottom perch of a JD power dependability survey, but Land Rover have knocked that one out of the park! Having Ford onboard was definitely their high point.

boobook

Feb 2021 sales.

Land Rover Defender – 158
Land Rover Discovery – 35
Land Rover Discovery Sport – 43
Land Rover Range Rover – 19
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque – 64
Land Rover Range Rover Sport – 171
Land Rover Range Rover Velar – 46
Land Rover Total – 536

CaptainBanana

Feb 2021 sales.

Land Rover Defender – 158
Land Rover Discovery – 35
Land Rover Discovery Sport – 43
Land Rover Range Rover – 19
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque – 64
Land Rover Range Rover Sport – 171
Land Rover Range Rover Velar – 46
Land Rover Total – 536

All the people bored of the current cookie cutter styling amongst all the other models might be starting to move to the Defender.

dirvine

For someone who constantly rubbishes Landrover, I am amazed at how much time and effort is made to google up information (some good but mostly bad) on them. There must be a real love/hate relationship or more likely a deep down appreciation of how good they really are, despite all the negative hype on the internet.

Albynsw

Is there a waiting list for the Defender or are they reasonably available?
Disco sales are not that good given their previous popularity

CaptainBanana

Is there a waiting list for the Defender or are they reasonably available?
Disco sales are not that good given their previous popularity

This is a good question actually I've been in new car shopping this week and there's not much on the ground actually anywhere, I've been told I'll be waiting two or three months and then have to get my trade in re-evaluated closer to the date which I'm not really interested in.