New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

boobook

This guy is having some kind of electrical problems and seeing if the cause is the battery - which it turned out not to be.

I am not sure if he has this right. The battery is under the seat, and to get to it, you have to move the seat forward then backward. Then remove some of the bolts to the seat. But how do you move the seat if you have a flat battery on the electric seat versions?

To me, this seems to be a silly place to have the battery on a 4wd. A lot of work to test the battery.

callmejoe

going back to basic they are.
That's where the battery is on the old army land rovers. But you'd just lift the seat remove the plate and you were looking at it.

discomatt

To me, this seems to be a silly place to have the battery on a 4wd. A lot of work to test the battery.
To me it seems like a great location assuming the + he showed under the bonnet is actually that and you can charge or jump start from it.
Better weight location, no heat, and less vibration, all positives for a battery.
The sad thing is that he is obviously a LR nut/tragic who thinks it is not only OK but normal to have to tinker with a brand new car to try and locate problems. He also had issues from the time he picked it up with fault warnings coming up on the dash when driving it home from the dealer.
Not a good start, if it was me I would be ropable and it would be back at the dealers
This report seems pretty good but if they have dreaded typical LR issues they will be crap regardless of how good they are when running

boobook

Nothing like keeping all the tyres in contact with the ground.

The G Wagen is a beast all right. But even the new G 300's make a 70 look like a high speed, economical, quiet, fully-featured 4x4. And that is very hard to do. A G 350 professional would be brilliant. Maybe they could even add a second speaker to the radio.

LOL. I'd buy that.

Albynsw

Nothing like keeping all the tyres in contact with the ground.

The G Wagen is a beast all right. But even the new G 300's make a 70 look like a high speed, economical, quiet, fully-featured 4x4. And that is very hard to do. A G 350 professional would be brilliant. Maybe they could even add a second speaker to the radio.

LOL. I'd buy that.
Imagine 2 speakers and 2 cup holders o_O Stop it you are freaking me out