New ARB Remote Res Shocks

GUnka

Was in the local ARB today chasing up a pressure switch for my compressor install. Saw a pretty speccy looking remote res strut and shock sitting on the counter with ARB branding. Sorry I couldn't get a pic, apparently they are the only 2 in Adelaide and for a Hilux. The rep said only doing them to suit Hilux's and 200 series atm. Am not one to spruce ARB stuff but they looked effing awesome, wasn't even game to ask on pricing though. :eek:

GUnka

Apparently in house by them. Didn't think to ask whether that meant Thailand or not at the time but the over all quality of build looked pretty sweet.

GUnka

Independently adjustable for both rebound and compression without knobs but a twisting set up on the main body of the shock. Didn't get a lot of info other than 51mm bore and what looked like about 20mm shaft.

Hopefully the ARB guy that frequents here could provide a bit more info on them.

billolga

Do you really need them? I have seen the remotes with the ordinary ones on the Canning & they did great, BUT, no better than the ordinary good quality ones.

GUnka

No, I don't need them nor am thinking of getting them.

Was just putting out there what I saw and my opinion on what they looked like. What others do is up to them as I don't recall my post saying "I want them".

This post was about "FYI", that's all.

billolga

No, I don't need them nor am thinking of getting them.

Was just putting out there what I saw and my opinion on what they looked like. What others do is up to them as I don't recall my post saying "I want them".

This post was about "FYI", that's all.

Sorry Mate, I was meaning it in a general " FYI";)

smitty_r51

Sure they had them on their Facebook Page a few weeks back... Yeah dates 16 September

Will copy paste the sales blurb when i get in a computer

550 for the strut
895 for the coilover

GUnka

Sure they had them on their Facebook Page a few weeks back... Yeah dates 16 September

Will copy paste the sales blurb when i get in a computer

550 for the strut
895 for the coilover

Thanks Smitty. What I saw on the counter was a strut/coil over and just a shock for front and rear of a Hilux.

Comment on Youtube from ARB quotes, "Shocks $550.00, coil over assembly (includes coil and shock) $845.00"

Croozer

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Yeah they are a copy of Fox remotes and have heard they are doing them in house at the moment. Have seen them on a rig down the shops near me and a hilux around the corner from my place he is a tech at head office at ARB HQ here in Kilsyth. We will see like everything else. Time will tell.