Change background image

New 2020 Jeep Gladiator details

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Patriot, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Patriot

Patriot Administrator

This thing looks like 7 different kinds of epic and could be my next car!
    It has a 3.6 litre petrol engine, 212 kW and 352 Nm of torque.
    6 speed manual, 8 speed auto.
    Lots of great off road design thinking with the spare under the vehicle in a space that will take a 35. Storage under and behind the rear seats.
    It goes on sale Q2 2019 in the US, no word yet on when in Australia.

What do you think?

Noel Preston, phs, Tink and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rhett HS

Rhett HS Active Member

It could be that if a person intends to go offroad they would be foolish to buy a hilux if they could buy this.

3. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

4. phs

phs Well-Known Member

84-1 low range !

5. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

Did the euro ncap put anyone off

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-new...r-meets-or-exceeds-safety-standards-says-jeep

Although reading it, it got 1 star because it has very little of the driver assist rubbish like autonomous braking etc. And lowest section score determines the rating.

I am sorry if you need your car to tell you that you have drifted out your lane, or the car in front is slowing then you shouldn't be driving!!!

Rhett HS likes this.
  6. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Brake pedals are so yesterday....get with it pop. :)

Spooner and Rhett HS like this.
  7. Rhett HS

Rhett HS Active Member

I am noticing more and more drivers cutting in front of other drivers, leaving gaps of a 1/4 and a 1/2 of a second. Like they are playing playstation. Maybe they are relying on electronics, in built safety and insurance?

Its also shocking how often i have driven past a crash site and everyone is just hanging around on the side of the road without even a scratch. Like playstation.

The more driver assist stuff they add, the more drivers will take risks, and the more incompetent they will become at driving. The more autonomy vehicles have, the more people switch off, or switch onto other things like watching video's.

8. Rhett HS

Rhett HS Active Member

I presume that ncap are responsible for headrests on vehicles going from well calibrated to poorly calibrated. Almost every vehicle i get in these days tries to destroy my neck by pushing my head forward. Better to destroy the neck than have a squidge more chance of whiplash, according to ncap.

9. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

I read that they will be available here early 2020

10. Rhett HS

Rhett HS Active Member

Gee, i was thinking they werent far around the corner.

11. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

Yup... Years ago on top gear clarkson said... If you want to improve road safety remove the airbags and replace them with a 12 inch steel spike... People will make damn sure they don't have an accident then

Spooner, Choook and Rhett HS like this.