Negatif or positif trigger ?

Komang

As long as it’s fused mate.
Either way.
I use pos switching myself
Yep Bro, I always use positive trigger if run a relay.
but I need run 4 to 5 relay and run multiple positive 12v trough cabin it will be little bit risky i am though because it only one fuse on the line with this positive 12v triger.
Thanks

red hilux

use 7 core trailer wiring to run from your switches to the relays.

Where are you getting your power supply from?

You can buy a fuse tap to piggy back off the fuse box. fit a small fuse to that as the relays aren't a high draw.

Run that to the line side of the switches, and then trailer wire away

Komang

use 7 core trailer wiring to run from your switches to the relays.

Where are you getting your power supply from?

You can buy a fuse tap to piggy back off the fuse box. fit a small fuse to that as the relays aren't a high draw.

Run that to the line side of the switches, and then trailer wire away
From the second battery.
Yep that exactly what I am thinking bro.
Trailer wire plus fuse tap for ignition at the front just to light the switch but not to run trough the trailer wire.
The trailer wire from the switch will energise coil relay via negative point.
this relay will powering mightbe 450watt or more light if they are on the same time.
Thanks

Komang

don’t know what your trying to do so can’t offer too much help with wiring.
I’m using secondary batt to power all the accessories light (bar,work etc)
Second batt at the back tray. All controller/switch will be in the middle console.
All relay to light and etc will be inside battery box.
Just make sure with one is the safes option to trigger all the relay. Positive 12v or negative earth body. I will need more than 5 switch and 1 switch will be master to override (4 or more light switch which trigger outside light)
Thanks

red hilux

just take power of your second battery, put a 5amp fuse there, maybe pick up an earth of your battery for your switch illuminations also. Then run back with the other wires to your relay coils..

You can run your main driving lights of your main battery. They should only be on when your high beam is on anyway, which means your car should be running

Komang

Thanks for your patient bro, will do
Yes the additional light already on (high beam)when driving only as per Rule.

VacuBlaster

Hi Guys
Which one do you choose to trigger your relay ? Positif 12v or negatif ?
Thanks
I assume you are talking about an LED light-bar installation and the reference to negative or positive is which way the headlight full beam is triggered? Try watching this video and it will help you get it right but basically if it doesn't work then you need to switch the connections.

Komang

Hi Bro Blaster,
Thanks for the video, piggyback high beam are easy done had done it in few car.
What I concern in my post are which is the safest way to trigger relay if you have to run 4-8 cable to trigger it through car cabin, my second battery located at very back of the tub, so I will need at least run 6-7m length wire to the switch. (Will put relays box inside the battery box. With negative or positive 12v.
Thanks

shanegtr

IMHO it dosent really matter where the switch is located in relation to the load - it still does the same thing and would carry similar loads. Just wire the switch in what ever way suits the wiring layout and make sure its fused at appropriate locations

Komang

Hi Shane,
Yes I do understand hows thing work.
Like i said the concern is running positive or negative 12v with long cable and go through cabin and Ranger BCM wich is will something that I will avoiding if things going wrong.
Thanks

CTL

If you are referring to voltage drop with long cable runs, voltage drop is calculated using the total RETURN distance from power source to appliance.

Jaye

You'll be right switching positive. There is no load on the switch wire so you shouldnt see a voltage drop that would be worth worrying about. I have run switching wires the length of vehicles before without problem.