Need someone who's Chainsaw Savy, Hallam Vic.

shinysideUP

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Got 3 Big Conifers I what removed. Need someone willing to help chop the buggers down.
I don't have a chainsaw so they will have to bring there own. Willing to pay for their time, feed them and of course have a few beers afterwards. Will be an all day job I reckon. Thinking it should be a tad cheaper than getting the pros in and charging me a grand or more. Thinking of next Saturday, 5th February but could work out another date if someones keen but the 5th dosen't suit.
Cheers Andrew

Attachments

• 29-01-11_1518.jpg
    29-01-11_1518.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 89

NIAL8R

done one in my front yard about 2yrs ago now, bloody sticky things they are. sry i cant help im in NSW but good luck with the job

goldrush

Don't ask Frosty and Yobbo. They are still trying to figure out how to use an axe.

Last edited:

Watt

Hey Andrew, im an arborist so i might be able to help you out.
Main issue is what to do with them once they are down... chipping it all would be perfect but thats a bit expensive. other option is loading it all onto trailers but looking at the size of them that would take a while.
I could probably do it next saturday if thats what you want. have to sort out some finer details first.
Give me a buzz - 0417362786
Hayden.

shinysideUP

Hey Andrew, im an arborist so i might be able to help you out.
Main issue is what to do with them once they are down... chipping it all would be perfect but thats a bit expensive. other option is loading it all onto trailers but looking at the size of them that would take a while.
I could probably do it next saturday if thats what you want. have to sort out some finer details first.
Give me a buzz - 0417362786
Hayden.

Hey Hayden, Thanks for the offer. Was thinking of hireing a Chipper/Mulcher for all the smaller limbs, then cutting up the bigger stuff into managable lengths. Does that sound do-able?

Watt

yeah thats sounds do-able, will be a big job but if it has to be done...
i doubt you will need it but it may pay to check with council regarding permits to cut them down... usually only applies to natives but better to check. Fines can be hefty...
give me a call this week and we'll organise it.

PAJ

I can help if ypu want? I'm not ace at dropping them but once they are down i can lop them up. PM me if you need some help... I can only do Sundays sorry.

shinysideUP

Thanks Paj. Will let you know. Where do you live? Dont want you travelling to far. Might need someone on Sunday to chop them up if it gets out of control.

Watt

I think we will get them down on the saturday but full clean up may need sunday help.
iI have birthday plans on sunday so won't be able to do both days.

Big Matt

Pitty ya not in bayswater, all ya got to do then is chain them to something and someone will steal them inside of an hour

Travis22

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to buy a shinny new saw with the other half's blessing. If its gonna cost a grand for the pro, you tell the misses you'll buy a saw and do it yourself for less then once the job is done you have a saw which you will be able to take with you on all future 4x4ing and camping trips. Thats gotta be a win win i say :)

Travis.

shinysideUP

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to buy a shinny new saw with the other half's blessing. If its gonna cost a grand for the pro, you tell the misses you'll buy a saw and do it yourself for less then once the job is done you have a saw which you will be able to take with you on all future 4x4ing and camping trips. Thats gotta be a win win i say :)

Travis.

Hey Travis, I like your thinking. Wandin show's coming up so tippin the bank balance is about to drop :eek:

Thanks to Hayden (Watt) and Mal (Mongrel Lux) for offering to help this Saturday. Weather permitting, we should get it cleaned up in a day.