Need help resizing pics

russell1974

Was wandering if anybody no how to resize pics to put onto forum and how to get them on here try to find how but not to good with computers and I may be looking in the wrong places your help would be appreciated
thanks in advance

Gunna

Try downloading a program called pixresizer should do the trick, or if you are running Microsoft office you can re-size using Microsoft picture manager

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
2 programs I like and are free: Irfanview and Picasa. Picasa is a image browser and you select the image and export it directory on your drive. Irfanview will need you to open a image select resize and use 'save as' so you don't shrink the original.

rodw

Another vote for Irfanview which has a batch conversion feature under the File Menu. For each project, I put my high res pics in a new folder and make a new folder called Lores under it. I tell Irfanview to convert everything in the top folder to low res 640x480 and put it in the LoRes folder. eg. the folders I use might be:
\My Documents\Hilux\Suspension Lift
\My Documents\Hilux\Suspension Lift\Lores

The batch conversion also supports drag and drop.

Patriot

Administrator
Yeah, I vote for Irfanview. I have been using it for years. Fairly simple to use, and lots of features.

James

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Showing my age here but I was using it roughly 12 - 13 years now. On memory it was version 1.x. It has come along way and is the best freeware to use.

rodw

I might add I also have Photoshop here, but never use it to resize photos as Irfanvews batch mode is so good.

fjn00b

just chuck them on photobucket and it will resize them for you and then you can share them on multiple forums :)

phs

after you upload you just need to copy the IMG text and paste it on your text here and you'll get a photo come up

like this

4x4-3.jpg

ill drop 1 letter of the img. code so you can see what it looks like befor you post it

IMG      its missing this ] if that was there it would post the photo

benting88

If you're using windows XP, use the free microsoft powertoy for resizing pics-

Click on the "Image Resizer" Link - Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

To use it, install and just right click on the image you want to resize, and the option "Resize Picture" will now be in the options. Click on it, and specify a size, or choose a preselected size. Great for resizing many photos in a folder very quickly.

If you're not using XP (2000, Vista, Windows 7), you can download a free program that does exactly the same thing, and works exactly the same way

VSO Image Resizer - Free Image Resize Software Import organize resize photos- VSO

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Irfanview is great but I also use google Picasa and export the images directly to a folder at a preset or adjusted size for upload to 4x4 Earth. It does it automatically when uploading it to picasa web albums