Need help for new family.

logitech

Hi guys,

Need some help with choices for the new family. The car will be mainly driven by my wife, and we will use it as the main car on weekends and holidays.

Eventually we will get a camper trailer but i am not sure of the wights of them.

Here is my narrowed down list.

Choice 1

pajero

Choice 2

Forester (preferred)

Choice 3

X-trail

choice 4
Jeep

Now bear in mind, this car will be driven mainly by my wife, parked at a shopping centre all day and will probably have kid vomit all through the back seats.

The leather is preferred as it is easier to wipe off.

I would really like to hear what the wifes in here would pick.

Thanks
Jase

Last edited:

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi guys,

Need some help with choices for the new family. The car will be mainly driven by my wife, and we will use it as the main car on weekends and holidays.

Eventually we will get a camper trailer but i am not sure of the wights of them.

Here is my narrowed down list.

Choice 1

pajero

Choice 2

Forester (preferred)

Choice 3

X-trail

Now bear in mind, this car will be driven mainly by my wife, parked at a shopping centre all day and will probably have kid vomit all through the back seats.

The leather is preferred as it is easier to wipe off.

I would really like to hear what the wifes in here would pick.

Thanks
Jase

Your gonna have to give us more choices than that Jas..

logitech

i had a look at challengers... but i am not sure on them.. dont want a patrol ever again, cant find a nice prado for the right price, same with jeeps and land rovers.

In regards to choice, thats about the best i have found on the net

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
i had a look at challengers... but i am not sure on them.. dont want a patrol ever again, cant find a nice prado for the right price, same with jeeps and land rovers.

Whats your price range??

BUSHNUT

Have a serious look at the challenger, very capable 4wd and city car .

Seriously the mitsubishi is a pretty good article - pajero even .

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
You should have made this tread with a voting ability. Out of the 3, I would go the Pajero, not saying the others are not good. The Pajero is good and strong with part easy to come by. Towing on and offroad it will not have issues. After market accessories are also available in plenty.

The catch is finding a good 4by. Diesel Pajero's are hard to find. The petrol motor is good.

logitech

Price range is 20k, its pretty much "Hi Mr car dealer, would you like the most reliable car ever.., thats right never had an issue but its just too big for the new family"

Poor *******s with there statutory warrenties.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
My young cousin just picked up a 2006 twin cab D4D hilux for 22grand in bloody good nick!

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Why would he buy a ute???

In case the kid pewks?? Put him in the back and hose him off???

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Logi

What type of 4x4 vehcile shape are you after

Wagon, ute, dual cab?
Do you want to take it offroad and do some the track around your area?

I know you need a family type of 4by but a dual car and wagon would work out AOK.

HOGO80

Frosty is back...you've been quiet over the last couple of days mate!!
Good to see you're cutting your losses with the Patrol Logi.
My parents had an Xtrail for a few years and in my mind was a good car to have just onroad as they have plenty of room, good high up seating (not as high as a proper 4wd, but higher than a sedan), had enough acceleration, and deluxe model has leather interior (should be less than 20k), however they upgraded to the new Pajero and spent 80K, obviously out of your price range, but still another good onroad car. Ims till trying to get my dad to take it off road but after seeing all my 4wd videos, he wont come with me!! hehe
Good luck with your hunt!
And if all else fails, go with the HILUX!!

logitech

Wagon...

Main things i want to get a camping trailer and tour the out back, go to darwin, broome, cairns and maybe the cape.

probably 2 or three years away tho

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer

Honestly mate, you got to go with what your comfortable with. Just put a bit of thought into it first. What did macca want for that one of his on the forum? That was a nice rig.

drval

gday there, allthough im a jeep man i noticed you havent listed the prado cause they seem to be in the same price range as the paj.

logitech

I am actually starting to lean towards the jeep.

2005 jeep with less than 100000k's, think i will test drive one friday

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Why would he buy a ute???

In case the kid pewks?? Put him in the back and hose him off???

And it works a treat, after the first time they learn to hold it in :D:D:D:D;)
Go with the Pajero, a friend of mine has a 2000 (2005? not quite sure) and it tows a 2.5 tonne horse float like its not even there so they are great for towing, and handles some medium rated tracks around O'Tooles area even better than an iPod does.