Need after market fog lights to suit ARB deluxe bar.

Billybob97

Hi all,

Recently bought a second hand ARB deluxe bar without fog lights in the bar. Just curious whether anyone has put in aftermarket fog lights in their bar such as stedi etc. Is it worth paying more money for stedi or should I just go to ARB and buy some replacement fog lights?

MrPoopypants

Hi all,

Recently bought a second hand ARB deluxe bar without fog lights in the bar. Just curious whether anyone has put in aftermarket fog lights in their bar such as stedi etc. Is it worth paying more money for stedi or should I just go to ARB and buy some replacement fog lights?
G'day and welcome. For what it's worth, I have a summit bar with fog lights and I reckon the fog lights are useless, I don't even bother to turn them on. And my Ranger's headlights are abysmal, the worst I've had (outside an old VW). I do have Stedi led driving lights and I think they are great for the money. Awesome value and good guys to deal with.
Good luck

Cheers
PP

a1bert

Buy a pair of these, install and then go to Ranger Mods and learn how to set them on whilst you drive

RBJET

G'day and welcome. For what it's worth, I have a summit bar with fog lights and I reckon the fog lights are useless, I don't even bother to turn them on. And my Ranger's headlights are abysmal, the worst I've had (outside an old VW). I do have Stedi led driving lights and I think they are great for the money. Awesome value and good guys to deal with.
Good luck

Cheers
PP
It's funny I hear most people say the same thing. I have the standard ARB fog lights on my BT50 and turn them off unless I'm in the country as I find they're too bright for traffic on the highway. +1 for Stedi as well, highly rate their gear and service.

billolga

You should jog the cops memory about that they don't seem to care especially in te Mackay region in QLD.
They are Not legal to be used unless there is hazardous conditions. (All States)
NSW $218 fine 2 points.
QLD

Vic

Last edited:

MrPoopypants

It's funny I hear most people say the same thing. I have the standard ARB fog lights on my BT50 and turn them off unless I'm in the country as I find they're too bright for traffic on the highway. +1 for Stedi as well, highly rate their gear and service.
Hey RBJ,
Yeah, I think they are bright enough to annoy oncoming traffic but don't help much with seeing anything from behind the wheel. It actually is illegal to drive with them on outside of fog, esp. towards oncoming vehs. One of my pet hates. So are you saying they work pretty well in your BT?

The Stedis look flash, but haven't heard if they improve night vision. I guess they might make the car more visible to others in fog, which is probably their real purpose. Remember the old yellow hellas? I never had much luck with those either. We used to live in Blackheath in the Blue Mts, so had plenty of pea soupers. Remember one night having to get the missus to walk in front, tapping her hand on the bonnet of my old HR, using her foot to feel the side of the dirt lane so we could get back to the house. I still love a foggy night.
PP

Batts88

They are Not legal to be used unless there is hazardous conditions. (All States)
NSW $218 fine 2 points.
QLD

Vic
Yeah but I know the rules the link may help others. Some people are to lazy but mostly arrogant and never turn them off believing the extra light helps them see a bit better or makes them more visible at night so it's safer for them but don't care about the extra light blinding oncoming drivers and yes I have gotten that from asking people over the years believe me or not your choice.

If the police just booked people for illegal use of fog lights they would have to put on extra staff for the volumes of paper work, anybody who drives at night with their eyes on the road and not their phone would agree.

They use to be predominantly yellow once and were turned off when not required but now are white from the factory and they are rarely turned off go figure.

Last edited:

Albynsw

If you change out your fog lights to spot lights would you then just wire them in to your high beams ? They are no longer fog lights you are just using that place to fit spotties and are wired accordingly
I don’t see anything illegal in doing that

Billybob97

Good luck

Cheers
PP
Thanks mate, I think I'll either just leave fogs out or just buy cheap ones.

mac_man_luke

Stedi have a good range of LED fogs with built in DRL

I run them in my ARB bar, mostly as DRL - not used the fog light part much but looks better than the plastic block off plates

Hylux

The arb fogs are pretty bad. Blind oncoming traffic is sbout all they do. I modified mine to fit in HID projector fog lights with angel DTRL. I point them to the sides and are great for wildlife as they go a long distance but low. Also good on corners
They still switch on/off the same or i can come on automatically with high beam.
WP_20141203_18_35_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20160709_15_51_28_Pro.jpg