National 4x4 Outdoors Show Melbourne 2015

hulk4x4

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see who is planning on heading down to the 4x4 Show in Melbourne this August? Last years 4x4 Show was the first expo I had been and it was a great experience, so I'll definitely be going back. I think ARB signing up will definitely draw a crowd, so it should be fun!

What are your plans for the show? Are you going there with an eye to buy things you need? Or simply to have a look around and see what new products are out on the market?

Which stands do you think will attract the biggest crowd this time around?

hulk4x4

Yes we will be tankbloke, however we are honestly not interested in promoting that here. That was not our intention at all. As this is the first time we will be exhibiting at this show we are genuinely interested to gather some insight from the people that will be attending.

Alex

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yes we will be tankbloke, however we are honestly not interested in promoting that here. That was not our intention at all. As this is the first time we will be exhibiting at this show we are genuinely interested to gather some insight from the people that will be attending.

Alex
G'day Hulk4x4. I can only speak from personal experience in attending a few of these shows over last few years. To me I have see big crowds with lots of people just walking around looking for ideas and especially good prices. Yeah, some go with a particular product in mind, however many are looking for "the cheap deal". Reckon the "big exhibitor", ( a clue, has three initials :)) if there, will attract lots of people again. What catches me is demonstrations, informative exhibitors and really good prices. Last time bought a drag chain , cause I never leave without something. Have not used this one yet. What got me in was the bloke said he would do a deal and knocked it down twenty dollars just like that. And yep, it was sold by a big name reputable company ( Hint, Top of Down Under sponsor" . What I liked was that he did not wait until the last day, to maybe clear some stock, just watching thousands walk past his site on Saturday and early Sunday. He got me as soon as I walked past early Saturday. Reckon I might call past and see what specials you might have eh? :D
Cheers.

hulk4x4

Thanks for the info Azza.

We'll definitely be able to give you some good deals, regardless of what day it is. We will already have heavily discounted prices but if you want even better deals, all you need to do is ask ;).

tankbloke

4x4 Earth Contributer

Alex

Fair enough Alex.:)

Croozer

Our crew from 4x4earth will be at the show! I think the big draw card of 4x4 show has been moved to the fishing shed! LOL! They are never much cheaper anyway.
Alex, Patriot and I will drop by and have a chat. I will be setting up Wholesale Automatics stand and then putting my 4x4earth hat on for the show.
Looking forward to a really big show this year with nearly all the players in the industry ;)

Last edited:

hulk4x4

I'm looking forward to it also Croozer, should be good fun :D

I'll try to swing past your stand at some point during the show to show my face :)

Croozer

Earth doesn't run a stand but we are mobile all the time. I will be a round Wholesale Autos a bit. No doubt we will get to you at some stage ;)

Chatty

Ok, well SWMBO (aka Trish) and myself are hitching the caravan up tomorrow for a leisurely drive across to Melboring o_O for the show. We will arrive in Melbourne on Thursday - not sure yet which day(s) we are going to hit the show, but with any luck will catch up with some Earthers there :D - we'll keep our eyes open.
I reckon we need an official 4x4 Earth cap for events like this.

Just one thing - we'll be staying at Ashley Gardens Big 4 (I hope we've made a good choice :eek:) - so can any Melbourne locals help with local knowledge on the best way to the showgrounds by public transport?

Croozer

Forget public transport on Friday! There is a bloody strike! Chatty look around for me or ask the Wholesale Auto guys where I am wont be far away mate. Come and say Giday. I will be there all weekend ;)

Barra GU

I just go cos i enjoy it even if im not looking to buy anything. Last year though i bought a 2.5x2.5 darche aw ing for 200 bux but this year i am looking for a good package deal on lockers so hopefully tjm (if they are there ) or arb can sort me out