Name Change

Gunny40

Anyway to change your name on the site short of having to delete your existing account and creating a new one?

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
Anyway to change your name on the site short of having to delete your existing account and creating a new one?
James (Patriot) is the only one that can sort that for you.
Start a "Conversation" with him (Click on Inbox for that).

richardlnsw

It is unlikely that it will happen as there have been requests in the past that have been denied but maybe times have changed. hopefully James will reply soon.

Barra GU

I have been wanting to do this too but have had no luck.
If someone can help me that would be great

Barra GU

Hello?
Can anybody assist me here?
I have been wishing to change my name as i do not want it being linked to any of my personal details for security and work related reasons.
Can anybody please advise whom i shall speak to as i dont seem to be getting anywhere with this.

Also do we have the power to lock or hide our build threads?
Many thanks

richardlnsw

Hello?
Can anybody assist me here?
I have been wishing to change my name as i do not want it being linked to any of my personal details for security and work related reasons.
Can anybody please advise whom i shall speak to as i dont seem to be getting anywhere with this.

Also do we have the power to lock or hide our build threads?
Many thanks
This has been raised in the past and as far as I know you cannot change your name, you need to create a new profile.
As for locking or hiding threads there are no provisions to do so that I can see. Why would you want to anyway?
Cheers

CaptainBanana

This has been raised in the past and as far as I know you cannot change your name, you need to create a new profile.
As for locking or hiding threads there are no provisions to do so that I can see. Why would you want to anyway?
Cheers

Wasn't his car sold a little while back? Maybe the new owner doesn't want the world and more importantly authorities knowings what's been tinkered with.

Swaggie

It would be a handy feature if mods could do this. Although it's not a frequent request but it does come up from time to time.

I agree starting a new profile would be the quickest and easiest.

Barra GU

Hi lads
Cheers for the info.
I was hoping to change my username to something other than my name.

With people knowing your name they can easily type in your details into white pages residential and find out where you live...
Not something you want when you have expensive toys sitting at your property and people using the internet these days to try and find information like this at there fingertips.

I also wish to change my name as i deal with a lot of hi profile clients and i domt wamt these people finding my name on the met linked to such sites so they can see what i own, and what i do with my spare time...

I am raising concerns as i have had people tell me in recent months that when they googled my name they found all different sprts of information on classic car, motor bike, hobby pages, car pages, boat amd ski forums etc...

This isnt something i want people i do work for seeing as what i have should be none of there business...
So in saying that i have managed to get every forum or page i am on to accept my username change so the last on the list was 4x4earth.
Id like to think i contribute to this page enpugh for someone to at least acknowledge my genuine raise for concern.

I need my name changed so i dont have to worry about the above...

Cokedaddy216

Hi lads
Cheers for the info.
I was hoping to change my username to something other than my name.

With people knowing your name they can easily type in your details into white pages residential and find out where you live...
Not something you want when you have expensive toys sitting at your property and people using the internet these days to try and find information like this at there fingertips.

I also wish to change my name as i deal with a lot of hi profile clients and i domt wamt these people finding my name on the met linked to such sites so they can see what i own, and what i do with my spare time...

I am raising concerns as i have had people tell me in recent months that when they googled my name they found all different sprts of information on classic car, motor bike, hobby pages, car pages, boat amd ski forums etc...

This isnt something i want people i do work for seeing as what i have should be none of there business...
So in saying that i have managed to get every forum or page i am on to accept my username change so the last on the list was 4x4earth.
Id like to think i contribute to this page enpugh for someone to at least acknowledge my genuine raise for concern.

I need my name changed so i dont have to worry about the above...

They would need to be good at engrish to understand what you typed ;)

typhoeus

Yes, Its a good idea to keep fun and business separate for exactly those reasons. I only list my real birthdate and other important details on official sites. Everything else is a Persona not connected to official sites to prevent cross matching data. I don't trust scammers, salespeople . . s**t, I don't trust the government!!