MY19 Triton safety features MiTEC

In the last 40 years Triton has come a long way, particularly when it comes to smart technology.

Since its introduction into the market in 1979 where it made waves as a simple, yet reliable pickup truck, the Mitsubishi Triton has become a household name.

Over the years, the Mitsubishi Triton has developed not only in design and style, but also in technological capabilities.

Innovations collectively known as MiTEC, refer to the sophisticated technology that is found in the new 19MY Triton that provide improved safety, sophistication and performance.

Forward Collision Mitigation system detects obstructions ahead and issues a visual and audio alert when there is a danger of collision, automatically applying the brakes to avoid collision or reduce impact.

Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Multi Around Monitor assist in avoiding on-road collisions and make light work of navigating tight spaces, whilst the Blind Spot Warning System alerts to unseen traffic.

Last, but not least the Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System reduces the chances and severity of hitting obstacles 4 metres in front or behind when a driver mistakenly presses the accelerator when stationary or speeds up to 10km/h.

For more information on the MY19 Triton, visit: www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
All well and good, but all tech / multiple sensors can and do fail.
I read about and saw pics of a Merc ute that drowned on Moreton or Fraser a while ago. Front sensors got wet, it stopped, tide came in and it was half buried in sand after some hours and submarine tests.

The wipers probably still worked though, another important technological feature of most vehicles these days.

In the last 40 years Triton has come a long way, particularly when it comes to smart technology.

Since its introduction into the market in 1979 where it made waves as a simple, yet reliable pickup truck, the Mitsubishi Triton has become a household name.

Over the years, the Mitsubishi Triton has developed not only in design and style, but also in technological capabilities.

Innovations collectively known as MiTEC, refer to the sophisticated technology that is found in the new 19MY Triton that provide improved safety, sophistication and performance.

Forward Collision Mitigation system detects obstructions ahead and issues a visual and audio alert when there is a danger of collision, automatically applying the brakes to avoid collision or reduce impact.

Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Multi Around Monitor assist in avoiding on-road collisions and make light work of navigating tight spaces, whilst the Blind Spot Warning System alerts to unseen traffic.

Last, but not least the Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System reduces the chances and severity of hitting obstacles 4 metres in front or behind when a driver mistakenly presses the accelerator when stationary or speeds up to 10km/h.

You're not winning many friends.

Colly18

In the last 40 years Triton has come a long way, particularly when it comes to smart technology...………..

…………….….
I'm interested in how this technology performs with respect to roo strikes, which we know are very common on country roads(?) I'm guessing 'not too well'(?)
But, if it works I'm looking forward to reductions in my comprehensive vehicle insurance premiums, due to an industry reduction in claims/payouts. :)

CaptainBanana

Do the wipers work? How about hands free phone integration? Do the window regulators come loose? How about door hinge bolts? Does it have many paint runs? Does the ambient temperature sensor read correctly? Does the infotainment screen come on whilst the cars off? Do the hubs and tie rods bend every single time the bucket of shit leaves a paved road? Next Thursday my car gets its 7th wheel alignment in 14 months and it's second alignment since December 3rd 2018 , do the springs sag in no time?... I could go on and prove everyone of these issues but a quick search online shows many owners happy to never own another Mitsubishi after having on of these.

These aren't even faults isolated to my particular lemon but many of these faults are showing up on many tritons....maybe rather than facelift it to steal sales from Ford and Toyota you should get the quality at an acceptable level for a car with a $49k sticker price first.

And for those contemplating a capable ute with decent quality and dealer support Mazda has the updated bt50 even in similar or higher spec for less money than these tin cans and they are bigger, more powerful, drive better and have bigger factory tyres snd far more upgrade paths.

Last edited:

Maybe instead of prescribed marketing guff try answering some of the questions. It would at least give you some small amount of credit instead of spamming the forum

CaptainBanana

Maybe instead of prescribed marketing guff try answering some of the questions. It would at least give you some small amount of credit instead of spamming the forum
Presumably a paid arrangement so technically it's advertising and not spam... Not that anyone here believes them and their marketing crap in light of the evidence of rubbish customer care and warranty work.

Presumably a paid arrangement so technically it's advertising and not spam... Not that anyone here believes them and their marketing crap in light of the evidence of rubbish customer care and warranty work.
Darn technicalities.

That's disappointing they can't engage in discussion.

They can, they choose not to presumably to save face as there's lots of evidence to suggest I'm being taken advantage off as are others.
Just did a search on Mitsubishi motors Australia.
They have started dozens of threads with no replies to anyone. Strongly supports a lack of customer relations.
Hope you get yours sorted.

Triton14

I'm intrigued to find out how a bull bar will fit on the jigsaw puzzle that is the front of the new Triton?
That was my question in another thread when it was announced they were releasing this model.

I think these guys need to think about these kind of things in the design phase, how to put out a front end that can easily be taken of by say just using studs or clips instead of having to getting out the grinder & mutilating the front of the car!!

I saw this model the other day when returning my MN to Mitsubishi for the 4th time to get the airbag sorted out & I think its a dam ugly design.

And I would forgo all this rubbish tech to get a car with a larger engine capacity & more torque etc like is available from other makers.

red hilux

Last, but not least the Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System reduces the chances and severity of hitting obstacles 4 metres in front or behind when a driver mistakenly presses the accelerator when stationary or speeds up to 10km/h.​
I hope that system only operates if you stamp on the loud pedal. Other wise. How do I put my car in the garage?