My part of the Pilbara

Joe Fury

G'day Adventurers
I am having a quiet day at home in the inland Pilbara, it is still a tad too wet after tropical cyclone Stan to do anything 'off road' so I'll kick the door open for you just a little, so you can take a look if you wish ~ when it was dry.
1-103.JPG
1-123.JPG
5-119.JPG
255.JPG
425.JPG
653.JPG
654.JPG
660.JPG
027.JPG
972.JPG
876.JPG
665.JPG
1053.JPG

Safe travels : Joe

Joe Fury

G'day Aaron, Muzza22au and Swaggie.

Thanks for the interest in my post, I personally can't say enough nice things about the inland Pilbara, but my hope is there might be an image or two which might just sew the seeds of adventure in someone, for them to come to the west and into the Pilbara it really is a remarkable place to explore and you might just see the place as more, much more than a 'commodity' ~ I hope my images do justice to this beautiful and ancient land and please remember it is also " Your heritage too, I just call it home"

049-P4050380.JPG

Attachments

• 001-P4030332.JPG
    001-P4030332.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 23-P3300311.JPG
    23-P3300311.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 018-P4030349.JPG
    018-P4030349.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 102-P4050433.JPG
    102-P4050433.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 084-P4050415.JPG
    084-P4050415.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 068-P4050399.JPG
    068-P4050399.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 100-P4050431.JPG
    100-P4050431.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 106

80lover96gxl

Stunning pics Joe.

Im chompin at the bit to get over there, the planets havent aligned yet for me to do so yet.
1 day I'll get there.

muzza22au

Great photos.

I will be driving from Darwin to Broome in late April where I will be meeting up with a documentary crew and then driving across to Wolfe creek crater. Will be a good trip.

Joe Fury

Great photos.

I will be driving from Darwin to Broome in late April where I will be meeting up with a documentary crew and then driving across to Wolfe creek crater. Will be a good trip.
G'day Muzza
Wolfe Creek Crater, sounds a nice trip, but should your journey bring you and the documentary into the inland Pilbara, you can always take in the sights of the Hickman Meteorite impact crater seeing it's just 36 kms out of town (as the Crow fly's)
125-130.JPG
127-132.JPG
128-133.JPG

Joe Fury

Stunning pics Joe.

Im chompin at the bit to get over there, the planets havent aligned yet for me to do so yet.
1 day I'll get there.
G'day Brian
Thanks for the reply, hopefully some of the reality of the Pilbara comes through image wise, my guess is the Pilbara will wait for you and the planetary alignment, after all it's already been here close to 3.5 billion years already, but sadly things are changing in many places but there will always be somewhere and something to explore.
147-IMG_2273.JPG
099-402.JPG
104-030.JPG
32-Trains and tracks 016.JPG

Jackolux

We are planing to head to Karijini soon we hope , was susposed to go last year but it didn't work out .
We have a Dmax and Tvan Camper , any tips , after crossing the Nullarbor , what's the best way to Karijini , probably won't bother going into Perth , been there a few times .

muzza22au

We are planing to head to Karijini soon we hope , was susposed to go last year but it didn't work out .
We have a Dmax and Tvan Camper , any tips , after crossing the Nullarbor , what's the best way to Karijini , probably won't bother going into Perth , been there a few times .
You could go from Kalgoorlie to Mount Magnet and across! That way you get to see more country and dirt. You could even check out Lake ballard along the way. Also take your time and explore Esperence for a few days, some good beach camping and nice waters for fishing.

Last edited:

muzza22au

G'day Muzza
Wolfe Creek Crater, sounds a nice trip, but should your journey bring you and the documentary into the inland Pilbara, you can always take in the sights of the Hickman Meteorite impact crater seeing it's just 36 kms out of town (as the Crow fly's)
View attachment 35049 View attachment 35050 View attachment 35051
I am unsure if the crew will have the time, they have planned a trip out to Lake Ballard and the Pinnacles from Perth/Kalgoorlie. But I will be putting it on my list as I need to rack the KM's up in my new Landcruiser :) thanks for the information. I am born and bred in WA (Norseman) and have only vaguely heard of the Hickman Crater. But have done alot of camping and 4wding around WA :)

greysrigging

G'day Joe.....great pics from a great part of Australia. I've just finished a 4 year stint in the Pilbara and it is indeed a unique part of Australia.
I had a ball over there.....except for the heat, the cold, the flies, the dust and the FIFO roster.....but other than that it was orright !
Yandicoogina June 2014.
10551837_909878069028963_598262340_n.jpg

Joe Fury

G'day everyone
The Pilbara is truly magic colour wise and many photographers and landscape painters have battled with a real representation of what they actually saw at the time, my images are not enhanced or changed in any way, my point and shoot suits me just fine but there have been times when I've given thought to the composition of the shot, shadows and light etc but these times are purely because of a particular tree that steels the scene.
035-IMG_0222.JPG
149-IMG_0304.JPG
083-IMG_0260.JPG
002-IMG_0906.JPG
141-IMG_0943.JPG

Joe Fury

I am unsure if the crew will have the time, they have planned a trip out to Lake Ballard and the Pinnacles from Perth/Kalgoorlie. But I will be putting it on my list as I need to rack the KM's up in my new Landcruiser :) thanks for the information. I am born and bred in WA (Norseman) and have only vaguely heard of the Hickman Crater. But have done alot of camping and 4wding around WA :)

G'day "muzza22au"
Ambitious journey ahead of you in the new Cruiser, a very good mate has only recently gone through the dramas of setting up his 'new' Land Cruiser dual cab tray/canopy workhorse, having made the transition from an 80 series wagon, he too is a professional photographer and lives out of his cruiser in the Pilbara and Kimberley for months on end capturing the true colour of outback Australia. < Hugh Brown >

The Hickman Crater is relatively new, as it was only discovered in mid 2007, by Dr Arthur Hickman, sadly the crater is well inside the Atlas Mining iron ore lease and the crater was genuinely under threat and no doubt it would have not survived the onslaught of mining had the mining boom continued, a huge win really for the world of Science and us mere mortals, although it's not heralded as a must see destination it really is a magnificent sight, the size of the MCG without the crowds.
037-P4050368.JPG
16-P3300304.JPG
IMG_3280.JPG

Joe Fury

G'day "Jackolux"
If time is not your enemy and if Western Australia is new to you, follow your heart and dare to explore.