Change background image

My next ute?

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Kippie, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Kippie

Kippie Active Member

800 hp, 0-100 in 3 seconds, 5000 kg towing capacity! :eek::eek:
    I'd like one :)

Neil Watts likes this.
  2. Choook

Choook Well-Known Member

A motor in each corner, a true 4WD.
    Can imagine pulling up next to old mate in his tweeked Maloo ute, and then disappearing into the distance when the light went green.:D:eek:

typhoeus likes this.
  3. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

and all in silence!!

Choook likes this.
  4. typhoeus

Thats 200hp per wheel, It would want to have good quality Cv's in it, The up side is that traction control would be easy I think, and if you did break a cv, you could isolate that wheel and still have 3 wheel drive. albeit with quirky handling. charging it up is still a problem. i'm surprised it doesnt have a solar panel roof. or the latest solar pane paint/ film.

5. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

61000 usd so about 160000aud given how they seem to convert prices.

Have to admit some of the flag ship electric vehicles like the new rimac sportscar and this ute show a positive future for cars

6. peterfermtech

peterfermtech Well-Known Member

I suppose with 800 hp you could tow a big enough generator to recharge it overnight at basecamp.
    regards

7. Choook

Choook Well-Known Member

400+ miles, that's 644+km which, on a highway, is comparable with a lot of fuel tank capacities for similar sized vehicles,
    and you can add another 322km in 30 mins. That's a solid days drive.
    Yes, I know you can add another xxxkm to your vehicle in <10mins by filling the tank.
    0-100km/h in 3 secs and 0-160km/h in 7 secs, :eek: hang on.
    3500Nm per wheel, combined 14,000Nm, again :eek:
    Hmmmm......national parks just need to put in some charging stations.

MAAROOM_SEAVIEW likes this.
  8. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

diesel or petrol ? lol...

RODEODAVE likes this.
  9. peterfermtech

"The biggest version of the truck will have a 180kWh battery..". A 25kva generator for 10 hrs should work so probably diesel.
    Or a 40 kw solar array charging for 5 hours or 200 x 200w folding solar panels.
    regards

red hilux likes this.
  10. stevemc181

stevemc181 Well-Known Member

I'd assume with a motor on each wheel, that it is direct drive with no diffs or cv's required. This thing should be pretty impressive, I read elsewhere it also has a wading depth of 1 metre! Hopefully in the future they can work out battery storage/charging and get these into the mainstream market.

11. typhoeus

They may be direct drive but a 200hp motor wont be small or light. Id guess the motors are where the diffs usually go with short half shafts to the wheels. Still, its certanly an intrtesting idea

12. stevemc181

stevemc181 Well-Known Member

13. Blue_haired_man

Blue_haired_man Well-Known Member

800kg payload? By the time you chuck a genny in the back your overloaded. A 180kwh battery will definitely take some charging.

Unless you only drive at night and sleep/charge all day, you are relying on carbon emitting, climate changing, traditional baseload power supplies to charge said vehicle, that is if you were to buy an acreage and put in a large scale solar system, about 10-20 times the size of an average 5kw home install. Now if you wanted to charge at night lets not forget battery storage, the requirement of at least 12-15 say Tesla batteries to fully recharge once, not taking into account redundancy for inclement weather.

At a rough estimate you wouldn’t be far off a quarter of a million before even thinking about purchasing the vehicle.

14. peterfermtech

A 30 min. quick charge => 90 kwh in 30 min. or 180 kwh in 1 hour => 3phase @ 220 A. That's one pretty big upgrade to your home power supply.:rolleyes:
    regards

Blue_haired_man likes this.
  15. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the lack of engine/exhaust note in the coming sports cars and what they will do about it, the note is such an integral part of the thrill and adrenaline with performance cars
    I wonder if you will get to select soundtracks where you can choose Maclaren mode or Porsche mode or clapped out Comodore with milo can exhaust mode etc. Wiinging wife mode won’t be a popular one I am betting.

16. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Some of the sports car today have an supplementary audible exhaust recoding. Remember reading about it in a review when it was being discussed about going from V8 to a V6 and the reduced exhaust note.
    Tink

17. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Yes Porsche use one and they call it a Soundaktor

18. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

What did it cost you to have your own petrol bowser and what do the neighbours think?

19. shanegtr

shanegtr Active Member

I think you'll just end up having to make your own sounds:

:p

typhoeus, Choook and Albynsw like this.
  20. Kippie

Kippie Active Member