MU-X 2013 -> Technical Info

Parko96

At Robe I ran 12 psi with half a day at 10. 4L & TC. TC stops after 30 secs of spinning anyway. Restart it by going in & out of neutral.

30 seconds of spinning!!! That's a long time to be sitting there revving and a deep hole at the end of it.

anthonywr

I'm all ready to buy an auto LS-U but I have the following questions.

It seems the roof rail issue is still a problem. I'll be looking to for something to hang a awning off, high lift jack and shovel, and perhaps a roof basket for some lighter camping equipment. It seems the only options require riveting into the roof which I'm not real keen on. Are there any other options?

Can diff locks (electronic lockers, not air) be fitted to the rear diff? what about both diffs? and does it effect TC?

Where are the pics and vids? People, please post pics/videos of your rigs. :) Not much on youtube :(

Parko96

I'm all ready to buy an auto LS-U but I have the following questions.

It seems the roof rail issue is still a problem. I'll be looking to for something to hang a awning off, high lift jack and shovel, and perhaps a roof basket for some lighter camping equipment. It seems the only options require riveting into the roof which I'm not real keen on. Are there any other options?

Can diff locks (electronic lockers, not air) be fitted to the rear diff? what about both diffs? and does it effect TC?

(

Regarding the roof racks for the U you still only have a couple of options; bars which all require a rivet or nutsert into the door frame or a tradesmans oval rack riveted to the roof. With the list of gear you quoted you will have very little if any weight left to put anything in a basket. Tradesman gives you 150kg. Rhino in conjunction with Isuzu are due to release their HD alternative soon. From what I hear It however is a track system where the track gets riveted into the gutter recess.

E-locker have a locker listed but I have only heard of one person buying one. Weeks overdue and they are still making excuses of why it has not been sent yet.

Good luck

Last edited:

Tink

Firstly, welcome to 4x4 Earth.

E-lockers can be fitted to both axles of a Dmax so can see no reason why they couldn't be fitted to the MUX.

Traction control is activiated when a wheel spins. Wheel spin is detected by the individual wheel's ABS sensor. A locking diff should have no impact on the operation of traction control.

Tink

anthonywr

Thanks all. I received a call from my dealer today when I mentioned I wasnt particularly happy with riveting racks to the roof on the LSU. he advised that they were speaking with an Isuzu rep last week and there is a new/better option coming from Isuzu which will be suitable for all 2015 LSM and LSU models.

I had a look at the Colorado7 on the weekend and they have 3 spots in the roof rail nutserts already there. This seems like a great option. The weight limit on the C7 is also 100kg which is much more reasonable. Though I didnt like it as much as the LSU nor is the service from the 2 dealers in Canberra any good.

Stunub

Noticed there was a different option for the LSU/M models on rhino racks website last night with three rails and 100kg rating.

Edit..... Their website had changed since I looked at it last night....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hewball

Has anyone else with an LS-T model tried to play movies off the SD Card or USB and managed to get them to play on the rear display?

after getting all the settings for the encoding right, they play on the front screen, just won't output to the 2nd rear screen like the dvd does

carandbra

Has anyone else with an LS-T model tried to play movies off the SD Card or USB and managed to get them to play on the rear display?

after getting all the settings for the encoding right, they play on the front screen, just won't output to the 2nd rear screen like the dvd does

I have had the same results. I ended up burning movies onto a Dvd (I could fit about 4 per Dvd)

Sputnik

Hi All,

I have very much appreciated reading through this forum post and others. Still working through, not there yet...

Currently I have on order a LS-M manual for delivery in two weeks. Aircon more basic, but purchased at the economic end and through rim choice. Am getting a few extras, with more work to follow after delivery.

Currently:
- tow bar
- snorkel
- mats, window shields, generic seat covers.

Working on swapping the tyres from Bridgestone A/T 245/70R16 to Yokohama Geolandar A/T S 265/70R16. 245/75R16 is another option, similar size and both should fit the spare location more snugly. About 3.5% larger.

Other mods may follow. Keen on the Outback Accessories fuel tank to replace the OE one, a platform rack and perhaps later a front bar with sliders/side step. Most changes seem to start at $1000, then some so time will tell.

Cheers

S.