MU-X 2013 -> Suspension Info

Jad308

Last edited:

Jad308

Just spoke with a respected local suspension mob here in Perth who manufacture their own springs in house and scored a massive discount to guinea pig my MU-X. All booked in for early Nov. Will report how it went with pics once installed.

Last edited:

Jad308

My MU-X is in this morning being guinea pigged by West Coast Suspension. I'll post pics later this arvo when I pick it up.

Ziggy

A heads-up for those with lifts. The jack is not exactly blessed with reach or stability.

EDIT: See correction below.

Last edited:

Jad308

Sorry Austinedition. No CV angle details. Rides much more firmly on the road and doesn't dive into corners as before. The rear came up 40mm and the front 55mm. Looks nice and square. Looking forward to taking it bush later this month to try it out and see what difference if any I can notice.

Ziggy

Another heads-up, for those with air bags. Std domestic tyre gauges it's been argued won't accurately measure low pressures. A special one is needed.

I don't know how accurate those servo digital gauges are but it might be worth checking your domestic unit against one.

BlackDragon

All those considering a lift and you have factory fitted step rail, do it. Just completed the 4x4 VIC profficiency course and came across catching/grinding onvtge rails if you don't pick your line well. All said and done otherwise, what a machine, articulation is great. Handles well in all terrain including a river crossing. All the Pootrol, Paj and Toyota groupies were astounded how well this vehicle performs.

uploadfromtaptalk1415486714183.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1415486714183.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1415486714183.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1415486714183.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415486743979.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415486743979.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 394
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415486766616.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415486766616.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 386
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415486785482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415486785482.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 386

BlackDragon

Cool.

The course was with this crowd? FWDV Home Page

That's it ziggy, I don't have the time to join and be involved with a club bud joined FWDV. Only costs $115 per annum, keeps you up to date with track closures and discounted driving courses. The one I did is normally $340 per person as a FWDV member it just cost me $170; they also do intermediate, advanced, mining accredited, first aid and other courses. Money well spent I tell you.

BlackDragon

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks great. What kind of lift have you done?

None yet LOL that's why I nearly ripped them off, had the right side in a deep rut up a hill incline at about 30 degrees. Had to do an emergency reverse on the hill, thank God for that reversing camera on the LST helps heaps. Then I had to pick a new line and exit up the hill from out the river.
Lift kit is on my wish list before Tassie trip will go the dobinson 45mm lift, was also stressing about needing all terrain tyres. But after that course I can safely say those HT tyres are terrific. But tyres are still on my wish list but not a must have now. Will concentrate more on dual battery , power inverter unit, fitted air compressor, and definately a cargo barrier.

Base model LSM-
Custom made side steps/rock sliders
GME UHF
Teconsha P3 brake controller
Hayman Reese Towbar & wiring
Window tints, dash mat, neoprene seat covers & arm rest
MCC steel bull bar
245/75/16 LT Yokohama Geolanders
Bilstein front shocks with HD 40mm king springs (actual 65mm)
30mm Diff drop kit
King spring constant load rear springs (65mm)
Adjustable Koni hard track rear shocks,
OBD2 wifi device.

More to come!