Mt Skene via Mansfield - LPG?

Mifferz

Planning to go Mt Skene soon, is there LPG at Mansfield servo or near there (never been through there before..)?

Swaggie

Commencing on the 10th June 2014, Mansfield Shire Council have (as last year) gazetted the closure of the Jamieson-Licola Road over Mt Skene from Tuesday 10th June to Friday 31st October 2014.

Mt Skene Road Closure Permit here :

FWDV Download Page

rangernicko

Do people really get a permit? is there anyone checking permits up mt skene. i just hear that alot of people dont bother with a permit.

Swaggie

Do people really get a permit? is there anyone checking permits up mt skene. i just hear that alot of people dont bother with a permit.

Hi mate

Its like anything, if you want to run the gauntlet you may get away with it, but if something goes wrong I doubt very much your insurance would pay out for one, also if you require rescuing I would think a heavy fine would be next...

The permit was put in place because people that were so under prepared would try and take on Mt Skene requiring rescuing soon after so the Mansfield Counsel obviously got jack of it and tightened things up.

I know what your saying tho, while building Otooles Hut we had special permits to be in there because of the previous fires etc while I beleive we were the minority (permits) many did what they liked, apparently a later model vehicle burnt to the ground and because it was a closed area and he hadn't a permit the insurance was refused..

Cheers

Lil_Miss

Last snow season I knew a few different groups who went up Skene at diffèrent times, all without permits. There was a copper, or whoever issues the fines, just waiting for cars to book. Don't quote me, but from memory, the fines were around $400 per car.

rangernicko

seems like a pretty big risk. $400 bucks out of the back pocket would hurt. i think maybe a trip to mt Selma would be the safer option.