Mt Mee / other ?

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Heya QLD'rs :)
Just looking for any advice on the SE region.

Currently in SE QLD, want to take an arvo out from work and hit the Bush a little.

Bought my brother a new swag and sleeping bag, and also want to give him a day / night bush and break that in too.

Having heard about Mt Mee a fair bit in the forum, I looked it up online , looks ok.

What's the pick of camping, Neurem Ck or Archers ?
Archers looks greener on the parks website pics.

Is a campfire ok in there atm ?
Looking at going Fri arvo / night 2nd Jan, head home Sat morning.
(Anyone keen, sing out.)

Or, is there and equally nice spot closer to the south side (Loganlea) we could check out ?

Last edited:

Tink

North side or south? Hie far do you want to drive?

Lots of placeswill only take a weekend booking (two or more nights) at this time of year. Just check when booking.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
North is where those 2 camps are Tink . . . Looking at the tracks map, will probably drive the morning and leave noonish.

Probable go in Lacey Ck end and up to intermediate tks.
Maybe take a look at A Break (what's that like ?), Diana's Bath worth a look ? then up to the gantry, Somerset, intermediate tks to Lovedays, then to Archers.
Sat morn head back through other routes and sights to leave late morn.

I'm ok to drive up to say 2 hours from Loganlea.

nightscale

Lots of stuff within 2 hrs of Logan lea mate. Got glasshouse mountains land cruiser park. Few out towards toowomba as well

GUnka

North is where those 2 camps are Tink . . . Looking at the tracks map, will probably drive the morning and leave noonish.

Probable go in Lacey Ck end and up to intermediate tks.
Maybe take a look at A Break (what's that like ?), Diana's Bath worth a look ? then up to the gantry, Somerset, intermediate tks to Lovedays, then to Archers.
Sat morn head back through other routes and sights to leave late morn.

I'm ok to drive up to say 2 hours from Loganlea.

When are you back in Adelaide Les? I still need you to see a dent person ;)

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Lots of stuff within 2 hrs of Logan lea mate. Got glasshouse mountains land cruiser park. Few out towards toowomba as well

Cheers Nick, Glasshouse sounds good too, not all that much further.
Think Mt Mee is still great for this simple overnighter with a good half day drive.

Something similar south could still be an option, looking to ring parks next working day (Monday) and book whatever.
When are you back in Adelaide Les? I still need you to see a dent person ;)

No worries Gav, back around 15th , take me a couple of days to get office up to date and some paperwork caught up with.
Will pm you and tee something up.
Still just the bonnet and door to fix ?
If so, probably an hour or 2 should see it done mate.

GUnka

Cheers Nick, Glasshouse sounds good too, not all that much further.
Think Mt Mee is still great for this simple overnighter with a good half day drive.

Something similar south could still be an option, looking to ring parks next working day (Monday) and book whatever.

No worries Gav, back around 15th , take me a couple of days to get office up to date and some paperwork caught up with.
Will pm you and tee something up.
Still just the bonnet and door to fix ?
If so, probably an hour or 2 should see it done mate.

Yep, still just the bonnet and door, catch ya when ya get back. Enjoy the rest of ya time up there mate.

Tink

Um, yeah, I know where Neurum and Archers are. I was asking where you are based so I could make suggestions. Anyways, you have been given some good spots to try. Enjoy. Maybe next time you are up in SEQ, give us a bit more notice and we can arrange something.

Tink

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Um, yeah, I know where Neurum and Archers are. I was asking where you are based so I could make suggestions. Anyways, you have been given some good spots to try. Enjoy. Maybe next time you are up in SEQ, give us a bit more notice and we can arrange something.

Tink

Ah it is mentioned in post 1, Loganlea.

Think I'll do Mt Mee, looks like some good country.

So, do you know A Break Tk ?
Parks lists as difficult, so should be relatively easy / ok for experienced offroader ?

It is in a week we'll head down, camps are booked Sat night, but ok Fri.

Pure Yobbo

Its pretty wet mate, and I think there is more coming according to the weather reports. Nothing really hard about MT Mee in the dry might be a bit harder in the wet. I did read A Break was closed a little while ago but should be open again by now.

The other option is up around Kennilworth, Ammoormor area probably a bit dryer nice area easy tracks and heaps to look at.

I was actually thinking of ducking up the beach Bribie or Rainbow tomorrow depending on the rain

Archers is a more 'open' site with grassed areas and larger trees. Neurum is more closed in with scrub right up to the campsite. Both are near a creek and have facilities, so I guess it depends what you want really? Neurum is also near "Rocky Hole' which is a good place for a dip. Both can have fires so far as I know.
A Break was closed due to erosion - I can't see any warnings on the nprsr website at the moment, so it may be open again. I haven't found any very challenging tracks in Mt Mee yet (still looking). A Break was fun climbing and I guess in this weather it could be quite challenging - I did it in the dry. The challenge is just the steepness of the hill. Another nice track is through Stoney Creek in Bellthorpe National Park (outside Woodford) for a nice arvo drive, but no camping there sorry. Glasshouse mountains has tracks from easy to impossible - but I don't know that area very well.
Bribie requires permits to drive/camp but is a nice place I like to take the kids (if you like the beach/sand driving). Nothing particularly challenging there (if you're aquinted with sand) but the inland track can get sloppy/bouncy and will be closed if there's lots of rain. One fun part of Bribie is recovering the odd newbie....or person who didn't know they had to 'lock in' their hubs (it happens lol!). Last time I was there I saw an emu which I WAS NOT expecting. Can see some wildlife like eagles, dolphins, a shark (if you're lucky) and roos on the beach on a quiet arvo. Hope you have a ripper time up here :)

P.s. Bellthorpe is a 'dry only' track so be careful if you're going in this rain. It is very steep and narrow in places.

Last edited:

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Cheers fellas :)
Will go Mt Mee for sure then, weather is forecast kindest Fri / Sat, so that should do the trick.

Neurum actually sounds more like the camp I'd usually like, but if wet the Archer might be better, will take another look tomorrow and decide with latest forecast and availability.
Have the muddies on so will have a crack at A Break and see how it is, can back out and detour if it looks dodgy.

I'll check Bellford out online for another future trip.

Love island driving, but will save those for at least a few days, straddie us high in the list for a look.

I just came back from Moreton Is. Can highly reccommend it, even if the ferry is expensive :) Now to save up for a Fraser trip....