MQ Triton Front Diff Breather

AlienCamel

Currently trying to fit a front diff breather to my MQ Triton but I have no idea where it is located, anyone done this before care to help?

Ive done the rear diff which had a white plastic cap breather but the front doesn't seem to have one. Not overly mechanically minded so not sure what else to look for.

All help appreciated.

Cheers

aids84

If its anything like the MN it should run up to a metal line on the firewall with a rubber valve on the end, on the drivers side of the engine bay

AlienCamel

Yep, looks like you're right, wasn't sure what the metal line was. So really there is no need to do anything to it because it is already up out of potential water submersion?

aids84

Yeah it's about as high as it can go, I did my rear diff and gearbox/transfer case breathers and left the front diff breather alone

AlienCamel

Alright awesome, cheers.

While ya here and we're on the subject how'd you find the gearbox and transfer case breathers?

aids84

I know on the manuals the two breather hoses are on the passenger side of the transmission near where the transfer joins to the gearbox. Not sure on the auto but I'm sure they won't be too hard to find

Muddled

What diff breather kit did you go? I have an MQ, and after quite a few water crossings (and still healthy diffs) id rather not keep running the risk.

AlienCamel

Billet race craft team make the easiest diff breather kit, but are pricey. The plastic plug they make with the thread in it is what ya want, as other kits don't have this.