Moving OziExplorer & HEMA maps from PC to Laptop

lostboys

Hi all.
Am currently completing planning for an extended trip on my PC (Google Chrome). For any on-the-road planning the intention is to use a Laptop with same system.
Not too sure how I can copy all my planning from PC to Laptop. Any advice appreciated.

vk1dx

If you used the same file and folder structure then simply copy the folder to a flash drive or SD card. The top folder should be called "Oziexplorer". Then just copy all that to the same user account on the laptop. I personally prefer Windows Explorer to do it.

If you are in the ACT then pm me and we can sort it out.

If you didn't use the standard folder structure then the process is similar but lengthy.

Phil

lostboys

Hey Phil @vk1dx
Yeah, thanks. All went well just as you suggested, me keeping same file structure.
One thing I noticed - had some tracks identified on Ozi (Canning etc), with a small window of text visible for each, with number of estimated days & best time of year.
When everything was copied to laptop, these small windows were not visible. When the track is interrogated though, the info is still there... so nothing lost I guess.

vk1dx

Well done. That is one thing that I will congratulate the Oziexplorer programmers for, a simple and easy to manage file structure.
Cheers
Phil