Movember

kiwijaz

Just wondering if all you guys and girls can get into this if i register a 4x4earth team then i will let you know how to get onto the team. Would be good to get together in Movember to check out everyones Mo's.

Movember (the month formerly known as November) is an annual charity event held during November.

At the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face. The Movember participants, known as Mo Bros, have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their Mo, raising money along the way to benefit men's health - specifically prostate cancer and male depression.

Movember culminates at the end of the month at official Gala Partés, Mo-Office and Mo-Town parties where Tom Selleck and Borat look-a-likes battle it out for their chance to be the Man of Movember.

While growing a Mo is left to the guys, Mo Sistas (ladies who support their guys or just love Mo's!) form an important part of Movember by recruiting Mo Bros, helping to raise funds and attending the highly anticipated Gala Partés.

But it' s not all fun and games, so why the extreme behavior?

Which ever way we look at it, men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy for men is five years less than for women.

The obvious question is why?
Men lack awareness about the very real health issues they face. There is an attitude that they have to be tough - "a real man" - and are reluctant to see a doctor about an illness or go for regular medical checks.

Movember aims to change these attitudes and make men's health fun by putting the Mo back on the face of fashion and in the process raise some serious funds for key men's health issues, including:

Prostate Cancer: because every year 2,900 Australian men die from prostate cancer and over 18,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Depression in Men: because one in six men experience depression at any given time but most don't seek help.

If you want to have a look into it more go to Movember Australia - Home

kiwijaz

Come on guys we need to get behind this at least 90% of us on here are males so this effects us!

ChallengeLee

I challenge the South East Queenslanders to give it a go.....it is for a great cause and l'll be there to support you all...theres something kinda sexy about a mo you know ;)

ChallengeLee

Hang on a just thought of something...does that mean the Frosty One should shaves his off first and start again?? :rolleyes:

ChallengeLee

hahahahahaha....Come on fellas what do you reckon????

Attachments

• Movember.JPG
    Movember.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 55

kiwijaz

he would look like a real manchild then. We need to get the rest of the members round the country to join in on it too! I do it every year.

goldrush

Darlingd did this last year. I will support the cause but my top lip has not been naked for 20 years so I will not be shaving it off anytime soon.

kiwijaz

Ok Peoples its getting closer to Movember now i need to know who is interested in doing it so i know if it is worth entering a team!! Come on get behind a good cause that could affect most of the people on this site!!

kiwijaz

Mine hates it to but i put to her that would she rather a month of me with a mo to help raise money to find a cure for something that could make her loose me for ever

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm in. Been a bit lazy lately so i'll have to shave to enter too but i'm sure i can come up with something radical.