Mounting campboss 270 awning to alucab RTT

Lmac98

Has anyone mounted a campboss 270 awning to an alucab RTT, the brackets that come with the awning are no help mounting to the RTT and mounting it straight to my canopy it will hand too low in the way of the doors

Cheers

cam04

Raxbrax will have a solution.

270’s are heavy. I’d favour mounting to the canopy on some high L brackets.
Has anyone mounted a campboss 270 awning to an alucab RTT, the brackets that come with the awning are no help mounting to the RTT and mounting it straight to my canopy it will hand too low in the way of the doors

Cheers

Bigcol70

Cheers
the doors on my canopy are adjustable, check if you can lower the opening height on yours to fit under the awning

a1bert

The way i resolved this problem was to use some 2.6mm checker plate i had over, could be 2.5 + aluminum plate, or even lighter gauge steel
Cut plate with a jig saw, had folded into 2# top hat sections, under folded to about 100 degrees, ie legs are slightly splayed
Measurements 300mm long, 130 high and base approx 200 wide comprising 2# 50mm legs horizontally
Bolted awning brackets to top of hat section, drilled the legs x 2# each side and bolted thru the top of the canopy using s/steel bolts, wide square internal washers (Bunnings) and Loknuts
I also core drilled the sides 3# times with a 65mm bit to reduce weight and air resistance
I only install my awning when going on trips of a week plus, so i went to Clark Rubber and bought some rubber plugs to fill the holes in the canopy, un noticable
Tried to upload a photo but gave up
Have done the 500 k's to Nullenby (?) and the Anne Beadel Hwy so no safety problems
Can freely open all 3 doors on the box, plus set the awning back a little to stop water ingress
Also have a pointy colorbond box made to slip onto the leading edge of the awning when traveling due to tree damage, needed in the Highlands
Hope the above makes sense