Mount Stirling Tracks

Hi guys, I was thinking of heading up to mount stirling over easter. Would my subaru be able to make it up to the summit? And are there any other tracks nearby that could be a bit of fun without needing a full 4wd setup? Cheers

Hi guys, I was thinking of heading up to mount stirling over easter. Would my subaru be able to make it up to the summit? And are there any other tracks nearby that could be a bit of fun without needing a full 4wd setup? Cheers
I wouldn't go off circuit Rd to be honest mate unless you know the tracks. It only takes rain for everything to turn to shit..
There's a boggy section from Craig's Hut to Mt Stirling... Unless it's been graded out.. There's some shitty humps with culverts coming down the Buller Side...

dno67

Mate grab a rooftops Mansfield -mt howitt adventure map and have a good read, providing its dry, your carefull and have the right gear there's alot that can be visited in that area in a softroader SUV. Preferably you'd want at least two vehicle's but there is a lot of traffic in and round these areas over the weekends so someone's sure to pass within a few hours, most weekends.
Anything marked on the rooftop as a "road" would imo be possible in the right conditions and the road is in good condition. Go have a look, you can always turn around. The trouble with areas like these is conditions can and do change within hours, so always air on the side of caution.

Last edited: