Mount Airly

Walkabout

Interested if any one has camped there? From what I have read it sounds a great spot with a fair amount of medium grade wheeling to be had.
Looks close enough to Sydney to do a Friday night or Saturday morning set up ( about 45 Klm from Lithgow ) plan to organize a camp there over the next 6 weeks if anyone is interested in joining us... any info from people who have been would be much appreciated.

teza h

Maybe a bit nipy for some this time of year Gordon, I'd be interested in having a look, dont have any info on it though. Got some fresh maps to day from the map shop at Para,heading up Barrington tops way this weekend, got 3 days, dont have a plan as such maybe just go exploring, depends alot on locked gates, we'd like to finde some nice camp sites around the place near some water hopefully and some good tracks. Plenty of em there if you can get to them, we'l make some phone calls on the go.

Walkabout

G'day Teza

The main gates either side of the Barringtons NP are closed from 1st June to 30th September each year, there is still some access around the back and trails leading off these. Gloster tops may have better access but from memory it's gated also.
Woko National park has a excellent camp ground and is about 40klm from Barrington town, beside one of the rivers feeding the Manning... really nice spot with good facilities.

Walkabout

Regarding Airly, I will be trying to meet the land owner plus having a look at the tracks and camping late this month, yeah may be a bit cool just like the Barringtons at this time of year;)

teza h

Yeh! we'r a bit concerned about the cold camping but the days are so nice and having 3 days of,dont want to waste em also I,m keen to do some L R weeling if I can finde the tracks.

teza h

Change of plans! going to head down to the forests in from Ulladulla & Batemans Bay,lots of trails no gates, plenty of creeks, rivers, a few camp sites by the water, mabe some Bass fishing to boot. Will be spending more time off road this way.

D

DONK85

Hi guys, does anyone know if we can still access this track or if it's closed?
Cheers

Vegetoast

I heard the track was closed due to the bad weather washing it out but that was a month ago. There must be someone local on here that could go speak to Col and find out the latest.

teza h

Not to sure if it's open,,but did see it on E T's fishing escapes on the weekend. They didn't name it though,even talked to Cole n crancked up the old Studybaker,,as he loves to do,HA!
Cheers teza.

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
yes airly is shut till the end of the year at least you cant even get up to the camp ground
cheers

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi
Who is this Cole and how can I get his number ?
Thanks

cole is the land owner that you have to go through to get on to the track
no point getting his number, he is old school and in the past 15 years i have known him he has never answered a phone
you have to go up there if you wont to see him