Motoring.com.au review of 2015 MU-X

If you check each link at the bottom of the article, it has a score breakdown for each vehicle:

Isuzu MU-X - 71
Toyota Landcruiser Prado - 61
Mitsubishi Challenger - 54
Land Rover Defender - 54
Holden Colorado 7 - 53

Swaggie

If you check each link at the bottom of the article, it has a score breakdown for each vehicle:

Isuzu MU-X - 71
Toyota Landcruiser Prado - 61
Mitsubishi Challenger - 54
Land Rover Defender - 54
Holden Colorado 7 - 53

I read it that the defender kicked ass as far as 4wdriving was concerned..Yet nearly finished last.I guess it's what you want to use the vehicle for....

The test was about the vehicles off-road ability.I havn't read each vehicles ability only the links page.I guess the individual report will contradict itself.....

discomatt

No surprise that the defer was best off road but scored worst, crappy on road handling and noise levels, poor safety rating, which is why they finish next year, and expensive for what you get with terrible fuel economy and to top it off a turning circle over 14m

From a quick read the MU-X is the best overall, doesn't do anything exceptionally well but is a good value for money buy that is good overall

Colorado is just a POS, Simon looses a lot of street cred the way he promotes them on his shows IMO

Eightyeight

Ha ha, I was wondering if I'd hit a wrong link. River got thumbs up and then they crapped on about accessories...
I was thinking "what the....."

Is a tad interesting to others POV on the vehicles having driven most, frequently. Everyone has different preferences and priorities as well as budgets.
Otherwise there would only be one car of each type ever manufactured and that's what everyone would drive.

Alright alright, I'll go link hunting

Checkout my ride in My Colorado build Thread!!!

monbeg

Flamin heck, 30 grand more for a prado than a MU-X !

Would like to have seen the Toyota FJ compared.

The main "overview" article is misleading, as the Landy sounds great, but if you read the specific article, they had quite a few issues with it, plus its outdated and has poor safety features. For the money they asking, it's ridiculous, hence the poor score.

It's just an opinion in the end, but I think the scoring is relatively acurate in terms of value for money. The Isuzu is probably the best bang for buck compared to the others.

For example, when compared against the 2nd placed Toyota Landcruiser Prado, the Isuzu has better ground clearance, better towing capacity, plus it has a 5 year warranty, yet the Prado costs $$$ more.

Last edited:

03hilux

Well that's a fair comparison, A family town car against and agricultural vehicle. And a result that would reflect such a comparison.

What next? They'll compare a trail bike to a 4wd and say the bike was better off road, but suffered from wind noise on the road.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

discomatt

Yep have to compare apples with apples, a Troopy up against the defender would be better or a disco 4 up against the prado would give a much better idea of what each did and didn't have

Still no need though, Defender would be better off road but troopy would be better at everything else :confused:
What else is there:D

Disco would be better than Prado at well everything:D
except maybe reliability....

hiluxdriver

what the hell is a Defender doing classed amongst SUVs anyway? Even the Prado is sorta kinda not an SUV. Take those 2 out and put in Kluger and Outback and we have a better comparison.
I didn't read the article though as I am interested in 4wds not SUVs lol

lurkr

Well at least this time they judged similar cars for their designed purposed - real offroad ability, while being comfortable enough as the daily commute (except the defender ... err... well 4 outa 5 aint bad). Better that that Cardogan dude who tells people looking at Colorados or MU's that they should be getting a Sorrento or Santa Fe instead.
Horses for courses. And the result is one that I'm pretty happy with, because I reckon the MU is the best value CAPABLE 4wd on the market at the moment. INteresting to see what the Ranger based Everest brings to the table later this year.