Most difficult track

cptmud

vic range when it was open was fairly hard, rockey track in tolangi was hard on the 4wd. Rabbit patch track in Noogee i think was under 4 km long and took 8 hours of driving/winching

Last edited:

jack48

Phone Track and Steep Track, both in Tullarook spring to mind, ;):eek: a few others up there also, but can't think of their names.

Army Track with 5 of us crammed into a Suzuki LJ80, the front kept lifting up and didn't want to come back down, was good when three of us got out the back leaving the driver, his missus in the front and his big smelly german shepherd in the back.

vic range when it was open was fairly hard, rockey track in tolangi was hard on the 4wd. Rabbit patch track in Noogee i think was under 4 km long and took 8 hours of driving/winching
Rabbit patch was full on,spent a few nights camped on it with broken fourby's.
Another one is walker track at the top of three sisters in Bunyip state park.

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Grumpy, reckon hardest track should be classified as driven, not winching.

Hardest track that we drove was Cockpit & Blowhard in Toolangi;before both were closed & graded. Both are still hard work now.

Old cairns track is a notorious trip up Nth it's very short but in the middle of a rain Forrest

Wangetti hill climb nth of cairns is responsible for more sserious breakages & roll overs than most tracks up there also

jack48

Hardest track that we drove was Cockpit & Blowhard in Toolangi;before both were closed & graded. Both are still hard work now.
Have driven both Phone and Steep and the 2 you mentioned in Toolangi Alan, the tracks you actually drive are the real challenge, agree with you there, a winch is an easy way out of a situation ;):D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Agreed but you may have got most of it done but needed to winch a couple of times.

Another 2 in Bunyip state park before they closed them were old Gentle annie,i swear it was a dissused water fall.
The other one was old sunset that was one hell of a climb,towards the end before they closed it if you got to the top without a roll over or panel damage you did well.The roof of my old 40 series shorty is probably still up there.