Change background image

moroka and horseyard flat huts

Discussion in 'Tracks Discussion' started by wasa14321, Jul 7, 2018.

1. wasa14321

wasa14321 New Member

hi every one first time here i have had a poke around and it looks like a great place with a lot of info.

my question is
    is there access to the above mentioned huts in the winter months as we are planning a snow trip late july and it has been quite a few years since i have visited the area.
    is there access to moroka rd from briagolong
    and is there acces to stay in the huts in july or will i be stuck by gate closures

2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

3. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

4. boobook

boobook Well-Known Member

Wasa, the road is open from Licola all year around. Though if it snows the track into Moroka Hut will be hard. You should be well prepared with food and supplies, it can snow like buggery there and you may not be able to get out for a while.

5. wasa14321

wasa14321 New Member

thanks for the reply every one with some great info
    we will; be well prepared as i am well aware how conditions can change and also how quickly it can happen in the high country

i have been flooded in and also lucky enough on a snow trip many years ago to get snowed out and have to turn around on a trip as great weather turned really bad really quickly and we had to get out asap

6. wasa14321

wasa14321 New Member

my maps are saying there are gates on the tracks into the huts are the gates located b4 or after the huts?

7. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Moroka is a walk in job, but well worth the short walk.
    Horseyard you can drive into, but again it's quite close to the road
    maybe 150m so if at worst if it was locked even easier to visit.