Moreton and Bribie Island camp site help

hi all

can i get some advice on the best spot to camp at Bribie and Moreton?

Went to Bribie on sunday and it was packed to the brim

Was a bit hard to inspect the many beach camp sites- any suggestions on a decent, well protected and private campsite? along the beach side. more privacy the better

Also with Moreton, i have been there several times but always stayed at Tangalooma. Which is a good campsite there that isnt filled with people (will be mid week in August)..again privacy is beneficial as is being able to have a campfire. I have had many mixed reports back from there
some rave about Yellow Patch and Ben Ewa others say they are always busy

any advice would be appreciated

Petunia

Noosa up Teewah beach to Double Isl Point? might be an option? although I dont know if it is now broken into camping areas/non camping areas? If you're going to Bribie [vomit] whats a bit further for miles of open beach?

Superdad

A few things to think about. Once your out of Tangalooma, all spots are pretty good and need to be booked though website. Shop is at bulwar on west coast. Will you need to visit? Northern end is awesome and camping only ie no vans or trailers. East coast has best surf. West coast has wrecks, sunset over water and was protected from onshore winds.

Id be checking prevailing arvo winds and choosing the offshore wind side of island so evenings are protected, subject to need to access shops and toilets.

BlueCollie

On Bribie do you want to be close to the toilets and showers? The main beach campground has both but there is a walking track behind the dunes from some of the closer standalone spots.

Otherwise download the Bribie campground map, pick a single campsite and go for it. They're a decent enough distant from each other that you won't be bothered by the neighbours and all seem pretty well sheltered.

hi all

can i get some advice on the best spot to camp at Bribie and Moreton?

Went to Bribie on sunday and it was packed to the brim

Was a bit hard to inspect the many beach camp sites- any suggestions on a decent, well protected and private campsite? along the beach side. more privacy the better

Also with Moreton, i have been there several times but always stayed at Tangalooma. Which is a good campsite there that isnt filled with people (will be mid week in August)..again privacy is beneficial as is being able to have a campfire. I have had many mixed reports back from there
some rave about Yellow Patch and Ben Ewa others say they are always busy

any advice would be appreciated

Some of the cool spots which I found out in Moreton are:
  1. The Wrecks
  2. Ben-Ewa
  3. Comboyuro Point
  4. North Point
  5. Blue Lagoon
An additional piece of advice I would like to write is that there is no medical assistance in that area, as it's a very remote location, so better avoid anything insane...Happy Camping!